Suffering with poor FPS after today's update? Please submit a ticket!

I am yet another voice in the sea of those completely bewildered by how the performance of this sim has gotten steadily worse and worse.

I have literally gone from playing at ultra 1080p with a steady 60fps in cockpit at most airports and in small GA aircraft, down to around 30 now and it is very stuttery. Sometimes after an hour or so it levels off at 15fps. I mean what on earth?!

How could asobo have got this so wrong?

For ref I run an i9 10900k, rtx3080.

6 Likes

I’m sorry that simply speaking an opinion based on my own experience of what happens on my PC is interpreted as putting others down and making them feel stupid.

However, you are jumping to conclusions - the wrong ones.

If they - or you - feel stupid or that it means I’m saying they are stupid because I say that I’m not having issues and something else may be causing the performance issues, it’s your complex, not mine.

I apologise if my comment came across as an attack, it certainly wasn’t meant that way.

MY issue now is even when I load into world map,IT CRAWLS…button clicks dont respond unless I bang on em multiple times

Scrolling into zoom into world map is clearly half speed…at best also, its dragging, and was fine couple weeks ago and even more recently…any guesses?

is this the same FPs issue many are complaining about? I cant even get to flight…no changes recently, and empty community folder! ??

:frowning:

1 Like

Having the same issue with major FPS drops in certain areas. Try taking off from KEVY.

RTX3070
32GB ram
SSD drives.

ASOBO releasing update today that is meant to address performance issues.

" To help address some of these issues we are releasing a patch (1.14.6.0) that we anticipate will be available to download from the Windows Store and Steam tomorrow, March 26th.

The following issues will be addressed:

• Performance optimizations when flying close to large airports such as Dallas-Ft Worth (KDFW)
  • Performance optimizations of server requests when in the menus and during flight

While this fix may not address all performance related issues we believe this patch will help many of you get back to flying and encourage you to provide feedback on this patch as we continue to improve the sim performance with each future update. Thanks!"

Wonder if they “cured” T76.

I think many of us would be interested as to what’s occurin’ there ! :see_no_evil::rofl:

Most underwhelming update description by Asobo/MS on this. “While this fix may not address all performance related issues…”

I get that, as there were performance issues prior to the previous WU/SU updates which caused the geographical FPS drops, but this latest hit was the most massive. A little more elaboration would have been appreciated.

BTW, 8:31 AM CST U.S. and the 1.14.6.0 hasn’t dropped yet.

1 Like

Those sound like words carefully crafted by PR folks so that the peasants don’t get too riled up when they realize they still have most of the same performance issues after the patch.

What I’m expecting is a smoother, more consistent 10-15 fps experience vs a stuttery one. I hope I’m wrong. I really do. I miss flying.

3 Likes

Updated to 1.14.6.0 and flew a route which I had known to have FPS drops as previously reported in this thread. Can confirm at least for me, the issue is resolved. I averaged about 55 FPS the entire flight and varied levels between 3,300 and 5,500 ft. Lowest drop I saw was 47 but didn’t appear to be related to any data loading and was not sustained. Nothing like the drops of 25-30 FPS or lower and being stuck on “Limited by Main Thread.”

Will continue to test, but at the moment this looks good. Thank you!

EDIT – Ran same flight plan with another aircraft and varied weather. FPS held true. No drops. :+1: :+1:

Issue is resolved for with the update. about time!

Patch restored my pre-SU3 performance (more or less). I’m playing at merely acceptable frame rates now.

Still 15 fps under what I was getting before WU3.

1 Like

How big was the update for you guys?

Shows about 28gb for me but the download speeds are horrendous

Are you on the Store or Steam version?
On Store I got a 1.09Gb store update then a little later a 136Mb download when the sim started. My download speeds were back to my max rate, which isn’t huge but before it was crawling.

Quick testflight - a bit better FPS with no noticeable stuttering. I no longer got the sudden freeze/CPU max/GPU min episode either. Monitored the CPU, all cores working pretty well. But the whole appearance somehow looked better and smoother. Will do more intensive flights later but so far looking good.

Steam, small update in steam then 28Gib in the actual sim, weird. Speeds won’t go above 4mbit/s download.

Sorry to hear that crunch. If any one deserves a break on this its you. Now to pour salt in yours wounds This patch has put me back to August performance and appearance levels IMO. On the other hand I was three quarters of the way through my first Friday afternoon cocktail when when I fired it up first time post patch.

I hope I still have the same opinion on my Saturday morning flight

1 Like

I’m ok. I’m getting 30-ish fps so I’m back in air. It could be better but this makes it comfortably playable. Not outstanding like it used to be, but good.

1 Like

Please use this discussion topic for FPS.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discussion-patch-version-1-14-6-0/383589

Use this for Performance:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/performance-degradation-with-1-14-5-0-upgrade/376202/1556

1 Like