Summer Snow in Switzerland around LSMM

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No developer mode in use

Brief description of the issue:

Souround the airport LSMM (Meiringen) Switzerland (15km Radius) scenery is covered with snow in Live Weather in Live weather. Since several weeks we do have temperatures above +20C currently +30C during the day and snow is gone several month ago in real life. Can you please check. Lake Brienz is frozen even with wather temperature >15C.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7 GTX1080

Build Version #1.26.5.0 and the version before when I first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I have two independet installations and both have the issue

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yeah that’s normal in Live Weather (unfortunately). Been discussed already many many many many many many many many many times …

2 Likes

…and what is done against it?

We dont know :man_shrugging:t3:

Unfortunately very little …
Live Weather in general - and snow cover in particular - have been a constant pain in the “you know what” …
Also the fact that lakes and rivers are covered with snow in the winter has been a mentioned many times. It’s just a matter of “report and hope for the best”

you can vote here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/summer-snow/446664

and here:

and here:

There surely are more topics on the problem, but I can’t be bothered to search them all now.

2 Likes

I think main thread about snow issue is this one Snow Cover or No Snow Cover, your post should be moved there.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I have two independet installations and both have the issue

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Today 06/28/22

True weather on LSMM

3 Likes

I have the same problem and I hope Asobo is going to do something for that.

I don’t uderstand how it can be so complicated to correct… 800 m AGL + Summer = Snow Ban, for the 2 or 3 times it snow in decades it’s better to have something right for the 99 % of the cases.

1 Like

Well, first the issue needs to come up in a Q&A where everyone says that they are not aware of the issue.

Then comes another Q&A where they say the saw the issue and are about to fix it.

Then comes the next SU where the issue is supposedly fixed but isn’t, because they didn’t quite understand what the actual issue was and fixed something else (and broke a couple of other things).

Then we can start talking about what hopefully will be done about it. :wink:

That seems to be the usual process with weather issues. :smiley:

4 Likes

I noticed the same thing today, flying from LSTS to LSZK

passing BrĂĽnig it was ok again

1 Like

Same here. Parts of the central european alps are snowcovered today…for some reason, which for sure is totaly wrong and Asobo never will get it.

Max

1 Like