Sun visible through heavy cloud

Issue is still there. Are dev aware of it ?
I think it could be related to that other issue: Sun visible through heavy cloud
Maybe both issues and votes could be merged into 1 ?: light sources are incorrectly shown through clouds, day and night

1 Like

1 evidence taken today under SU8 (overcast clouds, one of the preset), same location, I just moved the time to get day and night.

2 Likes

I still have this issue in SUIX

3 Likes

Issue will still be there until this thread is moved to bug-logged and a fix is implemented in a futur release.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, Standard Mode

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Stars are closer than clouds!

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Spawn into KORD (or anywhere) at night with scattered clouds.
  2. Look up.
  3. Behold the firmament.
  4. It’s closer than the clouds!

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Not sure when this started, Just noticed it.

Good new! this thread is now bug-logged

5 Likes

I have installed SU11 Beta and I confirm this issue is fixed, well done !

5 Likes

Hello
Yes, I logged this way back 2/4/2021 6 months after launch of the sim at that time

I didn’t think they’d act upon it so I let it go. But I reported it anyway.
But yes, I have hoped for this since launch
hopefully, this will be fixed as per what I thought I saw.
Cheers,
FalliblePenny90

I have written everywhere that in MSFS clouds are only beautiful textures put here and there, they don’t have ANY effect, such as convective turbulence and even thickness!!! Is it possible that they are creating all that UNREAL turbulence with calm or very light winds, coming no one knows from where (already in SU10, but even more in SU11 beta, so that the poor guys at Fenix are demoralized, because they are already working hard to face the issue in SU10, but now it’s again there and even more visible, after their work, in SU11 beta), that during approach makes your airplane sway and screw the approach, while they DON’T add any effect to clouds and they even CAN’T hide things behind them??? Anyway, even in P3D clouds don’t hide the sun if lens flare is on. I am not at my computer, now, someone should try setting lens flare to off and see what happens

1 Like

It will be fixed in SU 11!!!

There is an existing thread in the Wishlist forum related to adding turbulence into clouds (where it applies) and additional weather features: Realistic Dangerous Weather - Physics Simulation

1 Like