Super hornet video

Interesting Jorg saying in the Q+A earlier that he tried but sadly failed to license some liveries.

Need to get an RAAF, and RCAF (although they only fly in the B/C models) liverys

And VFA-31 :slight_smile:

As long as it’s moddable, the community will do the rest. I’m excited to have the hornet. But I really hope VRS brings theirs.

2 Likes

Open to modders means what ?
Can they modify the whole cockpit textures ?

They can do whatever they want I guess. Some of the other planes in the sim have had their textures heavily modded.

From what I can see of the F-18 from clips on youtube it looks great but it could do with looking more weathered and bit more grubby. Its interesting that Boeing have allowed it to be open to modders but wouldn’t allow the 747 or 787 to be.

1 Like

There you go. I think we might have it finally. @SkipTalbot you seen these pics?

That F18 looks like trash
 I’ll stick with DCS.

2 Likes

Well technically it’s freeware so don’t expect too much :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve seen it because I already have that build :wink:

that’s it, thanks!!

Guess the fog can change in density and height right?

Looks nice!

I can guarantee you it’ll be heavily improved my modders, probably quite quickly. Anyway trash or not its free so you’ll get no complaints from me.

2 Likes

You clearly haven’t heard or flown justflight hawk

I own it, I just think Asobo does a better job overall than Just Flight when it comes to things I mentioned, especially audio in a multiplayer environment. Just Flight doesn’t quite nail the soundai package like Asobo does, flybys don’t realistic in the Hawk imo.

Oh ok. So we have proper depiction of visibility parameters now such as haze, most, fog etc
?

Yep, it looks good from what I’ve seen so far, other than the occasional transition which others have noted.

1 Like

Indeed it can.

1 Like

The sonic boom effects are really impressive, cheers for the video. Impressed with the flyby sounds as well, it looks like a great gateway fighter and as an added plus may convince a few newbies to not throw away their cash on the various Mscenery / Bredok3d shovelware jets clogging up the marketplace.

Looking forward to see how this gets developed by the community, hopefully more effects like leading edge and wingtip vortices? Unless they already exist?

Loving these little sneak peeks of what’s to come tomorrow. Hope you can do one of the porter.

1 Like

I really hope this may happen.

Unfortunately I won’t have the time to do the Porter. At this point, we’re only half a day off so you’ll see it soon on your own PC :smiley:

I’ve spent too much time experimenting with the Beta implementation. I’m still not 100% sure how good it is (it seems to be there, but perhaps a bit weak in its braking power?). I’ll wait and see what people who have experience with real Porters say.

yes - a topgun training style mission pack with 1v1 and 2v2 engagements, hard decks, etc - especially if there was a scoring element to it would be ‘good for business’

And MS could take a leaf out of developers in terms of physics, flight model and systems simulation because we all know what to expect with the MS aircraft, looks nice but in terms of simulation
 meh.