Super long loading times and poor performance

I’ve searched and searched and found others with loading issues but not like the ones I have. It takes around 8 minutes to initially load the game. It takes around 5-7 once I hit fly now from the menus. It also takes approximately 5-6 minutes once I leave a flight to get back to the main menu and that’s only about 50% of the time. The other 50% it just stops responding or crashes. I am only getting anywhere from 10-20 FPS and that drops to 0-1 when loading or in the menus.

I did notice when optimizing through GeForce Experience that it shows two instances of the game. 1: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Chucky\ and 2: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe. I am not sure if having these are causing any issues.

I thought my computer would have no problem running the game but it’s just awful. I am running on wifi right now and will be connected via ethernet once I receive my cable so that may help a bit. I am also installing an SSD this weekend so hoping that helps as well.

Anyone have any similar issues and any suggestions?

Alienware Area-51m
9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-9700K (8-Core, 12MB Cache, up to
4.9GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
1TB (+8GB SSHD) Hybrid Drive
16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 at 2400MHz
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2070 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

Same problem here. I did noticed the framerate drop after last FS update (30fps before to 10fps after). Hope they fix it asap.

Hi Klubby,

I fortunately do not have the problems with loading times that you have. I am using a i7-2600K with a GTX 1070, 16GB RAM, both the GPU and CPU are overclocked. With the GA aircraft I am getting silky smooth frame rates on Med-Ultra settings. Initially the simulator ran like a ‘dying dog’ Certainly MSFS 2020 is loading much faster than X-Plane 11. I have MSFS installed on a dedicated SSD drive and I used Crucial SSD manager software to optimise the drive. Stay with it, because I am sure it can work for you, I think the installation of an SSD is the way to go. BRGDS Charles

This going ■■■■ you off Then I5s 3.4 mhz 16 gig ram DDR3 yes 3 GTX 1060 play on high ok

I am not sure what you mean?