Surprise! The RTX4090 turns out to be a power saver…

Yes you should definitely get the modded cable so there is no stress at all on any pins, according to " JaysTwoCent " on youtube the lateral bending of the cable is more likely to cause the most damage to the outer pins, as well as the tight 90° bend.

Several test with thermal camera showed the connector reach at least 70° on peak, and that’s is usual working temp during benchmark. I guess the exterior stay more cool.

I’ve got a marvelous TUF 4090 OC and it has the coil whine so I confirm as well.
My PSU is a Corsair HX1500i and the problem is on the the card’s side. Is not dangerous and is not bad for the card I guess but the sound is bothering me a bit…

Not going to turn it back, those cards are difficult to find now and I’ll keep it.

1 Like

I have the TUF 4090 and had read about the coil while being noticeable, but not too bad, which worried me a bit. However my card has no coil whine that I can hear and I’m running it with the side panel off until I get a 90 degree connector for the adaptor cable. The performance though is fantastic. The card is very quiet and runs surprisingly cool in MSFS with all settings to the max at 4K…cooler than my previous 6800XT and my current Ryzen 5800x3D CPU (see overlay on upper left).

There’s nothing to be surprised about, it’s clear from the very first tests how efficient the 4090 is. It’s great that it works for you too. Enjoy it.

Coil wine happens at high fps usually, rates that we are still far from in msfs. So I wouldn’t care to much about that.

Yes. And?

I think I remember to read that the 4090 was more wattage efficient than 30xx at the same fps and even more when using DLSS 2 or 3, maybe that is your case.

I was concerned about my PSU (though I only want a 4080 ) and was amazed when I found that a well-known and respected website did all their 4090 benchmark tests with the same one! No problem, then.
A Corsair RM850x

2 Likes

I can send you a photo of my 4090 cable. Gues what? not melted. After an hours flying I can hold the connecter and it`s just warm.

checked my cable yesterday too, unplugged it so i could inspect it, it was fine.

Guys, just check if the connector is COMPLETELY plugged and has no spaces on the card at all! That’s it, don’t plug and unplug as you’re doing worst, you are running near the 30 plugs life limit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.