Switzerland Terrain Mesh Add-on Very Bad Performance

Hi
I also bought this on MSFS marketplace - developed by FSdreamteam (FSDT) It ran poorly and I had a bit of an upsetting debate on their support forum - maybe because I am not a techie.They are offering a different version with an installer that should work - just email them your original receipt. I use Steam and didn’t fancy causing a conflict issue using a third party installer for a $10 add-on (maybe ignorance on my part but I am very plug and play). Lesson is to check reviews before you buy. I deleted it on Marketplace and fly through Switzerland with ease and original graphics are fine. If there’s a World Update imminent, then maybe a good idea to wait.
Must stress that FSDT offered solution and mesh may be fantastic but I am a technological coward.

I bought the Xbox series x version. It’s also not stable and unplayable with bad weather conditions.

I haven’t tested it with food weather conditions.

1 Like

Cripey you lot should be pleased that it downloaded. Mine didn’t and I had an attrocious correspondence with FSDreamteam whose understanding of customer relations was sub-zero. I have no idea how to contact Microsoft Store to complain so all in all we are on our own in this digital world. Buck up MS Store you have a really great product here being let down by a sub standard FSdreamTeam who you are acting as agents for - we deserve better.

I also bought the Switzerland Mesh Scenery by FSDreamTeam and not even loads the scenery for a flight, it will sit on the loading process and will just be there. Even if I tried End Task it does not say Not Responding. BAD

2 Likes

Same problem for me. Scenary will not load :rage:

1 Like

same problem… cant load in Switzerland :frowning:

1 Like

@FlightSimGUA I have the exact same issue. If I choose a non-Swiss airport (e.g. KSEZ Sedona) the sim loads up fine. However, if I choose a Swiss airport, the sim does not load at all and I have to go into the task manager, as MSFS is not responding.

1 Like

Same issue. Switzerland Mesh Marketplace purchase. Loading screen freezes after clicking “Fly” until closing program in task manager (0% CPU). Same thing happens with Moscow landmarks add-on also purchased from Marketplace.

Do you know who to contact about this? Maybe FSDT but according to them, they haven’t seen any issues.

Strange, mesh is working for me.

Perhaps another instance of only the encrypted marketplace version having issues? I bought it from external store.

From the FSDT forums, it looks like they’ve been able to recreate the problem with the marketplace version, so have at least acknowledged it, and says they’re offering to forward a version direct from them which should work in theory… The only problem with this is I can’t find proof of purchase. When I searched purchase history on Microsoft store the invoice had no mention of “Switzerland Mesh” or “MSDT”, just “Microsoft Flight Simulator Credits”.

1 Like

This is what I found in FSDT forum (by the forum admin):

“Something’s wrong with the Marketplace version, because if I use our version (which is exactly the same package we sent to Microsoft), it works fine. We reported it to Microsoft to check but, in the meantime, the only solution I see is contacting our support email with a proof of purchase, and we’ll create a new order for free on the FSDT store, so you can uninstall the Marketplace version and install the FSDT version.”

Could be a good solution until the issue is fixed on marketplace side.

Ronnie

I used a print screen from the uninstalled part of Switzerland mesh in my MSFS Content. So it was visible I’m able to install it as purchased. So it was no problem to get the coupon from them to download it directly.

1 Like

I have opened a Zendesk ticket but they where rejecting it because 3rd party content. Unfortunately they don’t care about marketplace content if it is 3rd party content.

Fsdt offered then to redeem the voucher by downloading it directly on theire side. They already contacted MS/Asobo about the problem that the sim is not loading correctly if the Marketplace version is installed.

Following my report to FSDT support I recived the FSDT version for free. Tested it and it works fine. The issue is confirmed to be on marketplace side.

Interesting. Thanks for confirming that. It should be removed from the XBOX marketplace as XBOX users don’t have access to the FSDT version.

3 Likes

Hello together
Same as you experienced, I tried after the Update 5 … No success … All the same …So it seems that there is just no way to use Switzerland Mesh.

2 Likes

Guys, we have a World Update coming out for Switzerland. I’d say hold your horses and see what that offers if you haven’t bought this yet. From what I heard, the new data for Switzerland is top-notch.

3 Likes

Same issue on i7-, 32 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 2080TI - 11 GB.
played on curved 49" by 5000 pixel.
So Hardware cannot be the issue. (in this case)
I deinstalled the add-on Scenery. then msfs starts again

And I thought my precious GTX1080ti (or PSU or Mobo) were failing…
They will fail inevitably if I play too much MSFS. But not today as Tom Cruise would say…