SWS Kodiak 100 Update Is Out

However I believe that the same thing doesn’t seem to happen during cruise’s level flight. And I don’t think it’s related to any sort of lateral guidance by ILS or G1000, as I’ve experienced it in approaches simply using VS mode without any sort of automated glideslopes.

The easiest way to figure this out is to check simvar ELEVATOR TRIM PCT before and after disabling the autopilot. It should remain the same. If not, then the bug must still be there.

Hi all I have just updated this but i now have a flashing ADVISORY light on the instruments which i feel relate to a ENG INLET NRM. I don’t recall this from the last time I
used this aircraft. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Best Wishes
Bob

There was supposed to be an update arriving in December as well… any information on that?

Changelog of Kodiak 100 Series II v1.4.0 ||
December 8, 2022, Released December 16, 2022

Kodiak 100 wheels 1.4.0

-Fixed flap autotrim engaging on take-off roll
-Fixed AP nose down when disengaging
-Accelerated residual ITT cooldown after pilot feedback (3x)
-Lowered peak startup ITT vs altitude
-Adjusted flight model pitch sensitivity
-Adjusted flap lift and drag
-Improved ground handling

3 Likes

I bought Kodiak from SWS store. I guess that I should download the whole package whenever there is an update, seems a bit odd…
Also, when I go to the marketplace, it doesn’t show that I already own the aircraft. So, I can buy it again at the marketplace? (is this normal?)

Yes, Marketplace purchases are completely seperate from purchases that are made directly with the 3rd party dev or via some other vendor outside the marketplace ecosystem.

1 Like

No, this is not normal if the Kodiak is already available in the “Content Manager” and you would buy it again at the “Marketplace”. Please think a bit! If you buy shoes on a shopping street, it is not noted in the other shoe shops that you already own these shoes.
Or in other words: do the online shops of “Just Flight”, “Simarket” or whatever they are all called know that you bought the Kodiak at “SWS”? NO!!! :wink: :rofl: :beers: :v:

I don’t see it in the Marketplace yet - any word on this?

Also, when I open the vent window, it causes structural failure… lol. Is there a fix for this?

Don’t open the window in flight. It’s covered in the manual.

Got it, thanks.

Any idea about the version update?

It’s been provided to MS for loading on to the Market Place, but it will take some time for it to come up.

1 Like

Well, I thought it works like Steam: If I buy a game at another store and register it in Steam, it will be in my Library. So, If I try to buy it in Steam, it will be “You already own that game” in Steam store.
Anyway, o/

Their latest update came out in Dec 2022.

Is there any newer update or all this commotion is about the aforementioned update?

Old thread. I doubt SWS will update the Kodi until the PC-12 is out.

Old thread maybe, but the latest commotion has been since March 2023.

Sorry must have missed that commotion. The last post in this thread was Dec 22. No updates since. Only major planned change I know of will be to introduce the tablet.

Next Kodiak update will be with a new cabin model and then the tablet. Both after the PC-12 leaves us alone.

5 Likes