SWS Kodiak CTD

: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When Loafing the Kodiak it crashes to desktop on XBox X if you cycle the cache off and then on, then clear the cache it will load

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

none available

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

just dont clear the cache will crash everytime CTD

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

xbox x

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I am on the Series S but have the same issue. Sometimes it loads, other times hard crash to the xbox home (Is that a CTD if not a desktop?!) yet if keep trying eventually works. I also have had the screens just not load a few times however that mostly seemed to stop once removed the G1000 NXi mod however the Hard crashes keep coming. Sometimes other features like loading passengers or doors won’t work as well yet other times it all works perfectly. Tried lots of different things yet there is absolutely no pattern. Default Airports and payware have the same fail rate for me. As does emptying content manager. The area density doesn’t matter either. I suspect its unstability caused by that suprised but still ignored update forced on us OR the encryption which seems to be why the F-35 is delayed according to the devs of that.

see above(?)

N/A

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft which is more appropriate :+1:

Try loading into a flight with the cinematics set to external view if you don’t already. That certainly helped for me on PC possibly related to glass cockpit.

General Options | Accessibility | Skip pre-flight cinematics to OFF

The crashes seems to happen reguardless of how I spawn in. I also find the screens are black more often if load in external view on my end. Since I posted above I have tried all the different views and spawn options. Cold and dark, from a parking spot. On the runway to in mid air. Also tried a mix of weather and time. Its just a matter of reloading a few times currently and hoping it works until the cause is found. Just really annoying as works great on PC via Orbx

1 Like

Ahh, sorry it didn’t help :thinking:

1 Like

The Kodiak loaded correctly one for every three tries for me. If Garmin had black screen I click restart flight and it backs.

1 Like

No worries. Is always worth suggesting on topics like this! It may work for others still. There doesn’t seem any rhyme or reason behind when works or doesn’t so worth a try for others still

1 Like

Yes, constantly crashes to desktop. Have been completely unable to get the aircraft to load, even after reinstalling/rebooting/etc. I have an Xbox X and have no cache.

As above, completely unable to get the aircraft to load to an airport… CTD every time during the initial loading screen after the World map screen.

Have you tried running it without the NXi?

1 Like

I will add, in another thread on this topic and after many simmers troubleshooting, the issue seems to be with the Xbox and the NXI add-on. Disable the NXI and then test the Kodiak.

1 Like

I have now, particularly after a post elsewhere on the forum where it mentions Working Title are aware of an issue with the Nxi and SU8… Tried a few times since uninstalling the mod, and not had a CTD so far.

2 Likes