Systematics CTD on launch (start game)

Good evening,

My game had systematic CTDs since tonight. I haven’t added or changed anything since my last game 4 days ago.
I have the problem in normal or safe mode
I tried to launch by clearing the community directory.
Nothing works.
Any ideas?
Game crash at this point

Perhaps a windows update(failed)?
If nothing helps, often a reinstall doesn’t help either.
If the problem persists and you have a headset to talk with,
send me a PM.

Scott

50% blue bar… can point to a login issue or other online functionality… tried relogin in xbox ?

Possible is also that some files in AppData cause that… so may be clean the usually files like rolling-cache, content.xml, scenery-indexes,…

I also remember possible issues with loading cloud data.

1 Like

Moved to Community Support.

Hi

After several tests and irregular CTDs, I confirm that deleting the contents of C:\Users\XXXXAppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes works. I didn’t know that MSFS loads the sceneries indexes at launch the game (and not the flight). + content.xml

Do you have any details on the contents of C:\UsersXXXXAppDataRoamingMicrosoft Flight Simulator? Is it necessary to clean this directory from time to time? Is it necessary to make a backup ?

Thank you very much for your help !

1 Like

not sure… I just do a clean of some folders from time to time :slight_smile: ( DCE, Scenery* , rare content.xml , more rare re-create rolling.cache )

I not special backup this folder. The important settings are in cloud. Of course in case of experiments, I made former a quick copy :slight_smile:

1 Like