Take-Off C152 Training Module -- how to score > 1000/1500 in "Position for Take-Off"

I am striking out in trying to get more than 1000 out of 1500 points in the Position for Take-Off portion of the Take-Off module (the 2nd module of the Take-Off and Landing section of MSFS Flight Training).

It seems pretty basic … slowly taxi to center line of the runway, stop just past the runway number “21” (I’ve tried stopping within the blue target box and just short of the blue target box and just past the blue target box). I’ve done it more than 30 times over multiple days and can get an A in the overall module but can’t get past 1000 (out of 1500) points for that simple portion of the module. Nor can I find any feedback within the software as to what, exactly, I am doing less-than-perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @EyedCornet62404
Forget the blue target box (that’s normally for landing spots in the tests/challenges). Make sure you stop completely just past the number 21 on the runway. See if that helps. I just did a quick test on got well over 1000 for parking just past the runway number.
Hope that works for you.
Regards

Thank you so much for your reply. After reading your message, I continued to experiment yet am still unable to get >1000 on that segment. In fact, I virtually always get “exactly” 1000 … never over and very rarely under. And I usually get an instructor comment “EXCELLENT!” after taxiing into position. It almost feels like a bug of some sort. I have also tried using the external view while taxiing, so that I can keep a more precise track of the throttle and where I am relative to the center line. But still no scores over 1000.

Frustrating and odd! I know I should just let it go but (so far) I am determined to get to the bottom of it.

Any other suggestions would be very welcome.

If it matters, I am using the Logitech HOTAS x56 for my controls.

Thanks again for your input.

1 Like

That is strange. Getting the “Excellent” comment should definitely reflect a high score!
It definitely sounds like you’ve run up against something that’s causing a bugged score.
I’ll look at it some more. I’m in the latest beta (post SU 11 beta) so the mission may have been bugged in the SU 11, although I haven’t seen other reports like yours. If so, the good news is that it’s fixed in the next version! :grinning:
I’ll research some more.
Regards

I’ve tried several variations of getting into position and can’t duplicate this issue no matter what I try. Frustrating!
I tried to vary some of the things not related to the actual position where I stopped, thinking it might be something other than the positioning, but none of the ones I tested lead to anything less than 1500 points as long as I stopped at the right position.
At this point you might want to just submit a zendesk report and see if they have any feedback or workarounds.
Sorry I couldn’t find the culprit!
Regards

Thank you for trying to duplicate this issue. In submitting the report should I submit is in the category of “I want to report a bug/a small glitch that DOESN’T prevent me from playing” … or as “I need technical support”?

As far as I can recall, I have never submitted a zendesk report before and want to do my best to get it to the right destination.

Thanks again,
John

Usually a bug is something that’s repeatable from several people (although not always).
I’d go ahead and submit a “tech support” request. With a bug report they may only log it. With a tech support request they’ll normally respond back to you.
In either case, they’ll make sure it’s handled right. They won’t put you in the penalty box for picking the “wrong” category! :grinning: :grinning:
Regards