Tall buildings Hot Fix needed immediately!

I’m sorry to point out that we already have the whole world at our fingertips.

It’s called ‘Google Earth’. Available in VR too; you can even fly…and it’s free.

MSFS will one day be great, I am sure.

Right now though, it’s a bag of bones and the wonderful ‘AI Learning’ that is at its heart, has an awful lot of learning to do.

Even the ‘Live Weather’ is actually stone dead and didn’t manage a single drop of rain in Southern England last night when nearly a month’s worth of rain fell from the real world sky in just a few hours.

Defend Asobo/MS where they deserve it…but please, do not excuse their inadequacies.

1 Like

Will try that one out. I think I was also encountering the same issues as another guy where the airport terminals became generic blocks after applying the other fix. But thank you so much for this! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!! This really works! Plus an LOD fix that I didn’t even know I needed!

1 Like

Works great! Thank you.

Thanks a bunch CptLucky8. I just installed your fix and it got rid of the 10-story monstrosity that had sprouted near my home with 1.9.3.0. See it beneath my left wing? Oh Happy Day!

2 Likes

That is definitely not correct as I live within that red circle you have drawn!

Thank you very much for this much needed hotfix!!!

1 Like

An analysis of the cause of the tall buildings here.

Thank you Great work , do we have to remove and reinstall the mod before and after MSFS updates? Or can we just leave it

What I would do after a new patch:

1. Disable the *.toml -file into *.toml-fix20200929 or another “invalid “ (therefor unreadable unusable extension file for MSFS) and try if it looks better
  2. Compare both files: the fix file and the original file within the official sub folder, do an analisis and decide if something is still better in fix than in the original file, if yes so re use the fix file

Well, that was a strange experience. After updating to 1.9.5.0 the buildings have been normal - once!
After restarting the sim, everithing was horrible again.

This fix here works pretty fine!
What’s so difficult, packing it and distributing it the official way?
However, thanks a lot foer it and greetings from my wife who lived a couple of days with a grumpy husband - which is fixed as well.
:slight_smile:

I had the same. After update 1.9.5.0 buildings where fixed, after restart SIM again buildings Are to high.

O god please don’t tell me this, I have only played once since the update, and have yet to play the game since a restart :frowning:

I tried both files but it made no difference whatsoever. I updated the japan scenery and removed the fix files, still same. No changes ad still with very tall buildings.

Has anyone not learned yet that Microsobo will not release hot fixes for any reason. This thread is pointless.

You’re late to the party. This thread was posted almost 3 weeks ago. Plus it received 337 votes which was acknowledged by Asobo.

The industrial buildings and/or apartments present all over the UK in the sim, where farm Buildings exist in real life, mean that since Aug 18th the UK has never had a sense of reality.

2 Likes

dude, keep up.

Free Tip: Always read the posts within a thread, not just the title
Bonus Tip for free: Check the date :wink:

Yea I got some tips for you too but I’ll just keep them to myself. Likewise maybe you should learn the same.

I was in good hope that the latest fix (1.9.3.0) got rid of this real VFR immersion killer, and first it looked ok, but it started again to mess up the buildings.
Today I flew in my region (Austria, LOLT) and there are multi (>10) story buildings which are totally not there. This is a country side region and not a down town of a city with millions of inhabitants.
So please fix this mess, VFR is not very funny with this bug.

P.s.: I cna’t tell why it looked ok after 1.9.3.0 a few days ago, but today it was completly messed up (exact same region)
P.p.s: I do not have installed any user content.

1 Like