Task switching not possible any more after switching to VR and back

Before switching to VR I can easily switch tasks on my PC (to read this forum obviously…). Task switching gets disabled in VR mode which I guess makes some sense (even though other programs can handle this somehow). The problem is, that even after switching back to flat mode task switching doesn’t work anymmore and I need to close the whole sim before being able to get into another window.
Alt-tab does bring up the taskbar and the window previews, but other windows can’t get to the foreground, it always switches back to the FS.
Anyone got the same and got a solution?

2 Likes

Same here ! If anybody got the solution, it’d be great

Yes and it’s REALLY annoying!

You can change the key binds on your control settings for your keyboard! Just search VR on the search bar got controls.

I solved this by running desktop mode windowed (not full screen). Therefore after switching to destkop I can access taskbar and all other programms, and then switch back to VR mode (I have a key binded to switch).

1 Like

Same for me, makes hard to use any external app when sim is launched. Is there any bug reported for that?

I logged a bug when they released the update causing this. Got converted to a feature request :thinking:

Use windowed mode, not full screen. Then you can task switch.

I’m having this same issue as well.

This is a real issue for me because I cannot load any of my saved flights or flight plans as the file explorer window that opens to navigate to my flights and plans opens behind FS2020.

I had thought about running in windowed mode as soon as I realized I couldn’t task switch any more, as this has been a workaround for other software to, but the issue for me with this workaround, is that my frame rate drops to around 8 FPS making the interface unusable.

In VR, Windowed mode (maximised or not doesn’t matter), when opening a saved flight plan the Open dialog opens behind main screen and isn’t accessible.

Lifting my headset and looking at my monitor, I can see it as one of the open windows.
Can get access by

• Alt-tab away from MSFS
  • Click Restore Down on MSFS window if you have it maximised
  • Close the Open dialog via Taskbar view
  • Move the MSFS window off to the right side
  • Alt-Tab back to MSFS
  • Select the “Open/Save” option again ( you should see part of the dialog behind MSFS window)
  • Alt-Tab away from MSFS
  • Move the Open dialog to the left
  • Select flight plan file, and Open
  • Maximise MSFS window again

And with windowed mode you need to be very careful what you click, as it’s quite easy to click “window close” button on top (see this topic), especially when doing checklist in a320 overhead panel :slight_smile:

Windowed mode is no longer needed with 1.13.16 update :smiley:
Seems that now task switching is working in VR and full screen mode.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.