Taxi Navigation Ribbon - Toggle

Please reduce the size of the Taxi ribbon to be about the same size of the Taxi line, too fat and too in your face, that’s not necessary, or better still make it the same as FSX or P3D size.

Also when taxing especially in the Cessna 172. The blue ribbons show up inside the aircraft near the rudder. I am sure this is a bug that can be easily fixed.

6 Likes

Feels like the taxi ribbon was designed with large aircraft in mind. Perhaps the size of the blue arrows should scale in relation to the size of the aircraft. Size or weight or whatever.

But I agree, having an on/off toggle for the taxi ribbon would be nice. I’d like to be able to temporarily enable the ribbon if I find myself not knowing where to go at a big airport.

4 Likes

Yes please, also give us options for size and 3D vs 2D.

1 Like

It should not be necessary to go to the main option menu to turn on the taxi ribbon. It should be switchable from the ATC menu. If you know the taxi route at the departure airport you don’t need it but if you require it at the arrival airport you have to pause the flight and go through the menu.

Also, why are the chevrons so very big? Really detracts from the realism. They pass through the cockpit at some airports.

Better still, have the taxi route display on the map. Can’t be that difficult surely?

2 Likes

Two thoughts: Make the taxi ribbons more discreet and less in-your-face. Also, make them easy to toggle on/off. (Toggle on, quickly check route, toggle off and enjoy the scenery.)

IMO, the toggle could be used for several/all visual aids at once: player name plates, location name plates, external camera HUD, etc. Everything that isn’t “real”.

5 Likes

Don’t know if anyone else has mentioned this specifically above but wouldn’t it be nice if the taxi ribbon could be added to the drop down menu like the active pause? That would make it quickly accessible. Then if they ever change the ribbon to something smaller and less intrusive to the eyes (just enough to know where you need to go) this issue would be solved. When I’m not flying by the book (not using airport taxi charts) the ribbon is a quick way to get to and from the runway. I agree that digging into the Assistance options makes it to difficult to toggle on and off. I give this thread a thumbs up. It would be nice to see this fixed.

1 Like

You could try Tiny Taxi Ribbons.
Not possible to toggle it on/off except via the menu though :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks JonnyDog68, I’ll give those a try. :grinning:

Just looking for a way to toggle the taxi ribbon and came across your suggestion. 100% needed and please lose the rectangle around the parking area!

Is there a way to assign the ATC taxi ribbon to a key? I dont need it for the airports I use a lot but some larger airports you need GPS to find your way around. I suspect not as I have spent a lot of time looking if this is possible without any luck.
Much prefer FSX ATC ribbon with ability to turn it off or on in the ATC box and the 3D yellow ribbon was/is much better than the flat oversized blue arrows in FS20.

6 Likes

I don’t use the blue arrows, I let the copilot take care of the taxiing. :bomb:

4 Likes

Good point, yes I must let the co pilot do some work like how else will he learn :slight_smile:

Better not do that too much in a Boeing when they come to the sim. You can only ground steer them from the Left Hand Seat.

1 Like

I have used the VFR map zoomed in, to find my way around airports.
It is a bit immersion breaking having an aerial view, but no more than giant floating blue arrows.

What I dislike is they use totally wron taxiway numbering so if you use the official ground map for that airport you would get killed…

I presume there is no key bind.

No surprise there then.

And I agree, having access form the ATC menu was better…but I don’t think the devs have any idea as to how simmers use this program.

I am using the “s” key. So if you asked ground control for a parking spot and u hold the “s” key, first person camera will look into the direction of your parking spot. And with the map zoomed in at the G1000 (if u use glass cockpit) u can find your way to your final parking spot. I dont know if i always use the right taxiways but its not that immersion breaking than these blue arrows or a floating map on my screen.

I note that the latest Gamin uses satnav to find your way around the airport (just like the GPS incar navigating so if you drag the floating map onto your G1000 its not too far from RL.

please give us Q for taxi ribbon asobo !

1 Like

Yes. I notice that the sim reads all my Thrustmaster T1600 stick and throttle axes and my rudder pedals. That leaves me with a twisty axis on the stick and a ‘paddles moving left-right’ axis on the throttle . the twisty axis is also read OK soI am hoping they will release a seperate steerable nosewheel option like you mention sometime. Meanwhile the pedals are fine except tight turns.