Taxi signs at night UNREADABLE

Maybe there is a way to decrease/increase the brightness/exposure?

I have Real Taxiways, cost aside, they are FAR better than the original sim signs. They are also 99.154% correct, default signs are nowhere near as accurate.

I have not found any way to adjust the brightness of the signs. That is the biggest issue with them, no matter if your using original or addon signs. They are just way too bright with no way to control (that I know of).

1 Like

Assuming the ATC also ā€œlearnsā€ about the actual real-world taxi way layouts, that bundled price seems more than reasonable to me as well. I think Iā€™ll buy it, although I promised myself that I wouldnā€™t spend money on things that I think will eventually be fixed in the sim over time.

I wonder if I could make Pilot2ATC see the runways, too?

Itā€™s also sad that you seem think that anything less than optimal must be so because Asobo donā€™t care. :wink:

Iā€™m a new P2ATC user, and so far, at least for the few airports Iā€™ve flown to, the taxiways are correct. However, I canā€™t say is this will be the case for all of them.

This is just one of a long laundry list of problems that should have been fixed long ago rather than adding game content to the sim. It doesnā€™t have to be perfect. But the current state is far from optimal for a product pegging itself as being an ā€œas real as it getsā€ flight simulator.

1 Like

maybeā€¦if one could plop a Garmin or a Magellan onto the dashboard?
that could not only give taxiways but also directions to the next coffee shop.
I may have an old one somewhere in a boxā€¦

Binoculars.

Just saying :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@JaceR69 If thatā€™s the JF taxi signs, set up a ticket with their support folks and theyā€™ll send you an update that will fix that. There are actually instructions on how to fix that manually on their support website, but I didnā€™t have any luck with those. So after getting in touch with them, they sent me an installer that took care of all the under the hood stuff and now my taxi signs look good again at night. Hope that helps!

I use Navigraph and the taxi maps (which show where you are in real time)ā€¦and somehow I still miss turns occasionally. I think itā€™s because on the chart they canā€™t always put the taxiway name in a convenient spot - then the taxiway signs (default) are just friggin tiny.

1 Like

Use the guidance chevrons. Not really an answer to the problem, but I gave up trying to navigate around unfamiliar airports years ago.

2 Likes

That certainly is an option. Iā€™m not the pinnacle of ā€œmost real, accurate simulation as possibleā€ over here - but Iā€™ve always found the taxi ribbon to be a touch over obtrusive.

Canā€™t wait to get the new machine finished and fire up MSFS to check out the new (JustFlight) taxi signs!

1 Like

It is a somewhat nicer experience when using the Subtle Taxi Ribbon mod:

2 Likes

Maybe someone can program in one of those ā€œfollow meā€ trucks or something. That would be cool! :blush:

I tend to use the AI Co-pilot to do the taxi, it is the only thing I trust it to do, but at a busy airport with lots of taxiways and multiple runways it always looses its mind if ATC tells it to ā€œHold position, other trafficā€¦ā€, and then the only option is to take over manually and follow the little green arrows.

1 Like

Follow-me trucks have been suggested several times in various topics, but so far no takers to develop the idea.

1 Like

Sin. That would be absolutely real life!

Unfortunately there doesnā€™t seem to be a fix yet on bringing down that exaggerated brightness.

Just bear in mind that aerodrome charts should be your primary source for taxiway navigation. It doesnā€™t solve the problem, no. But itā€™s still a better compromise than a pricey (US-only) revamp of taxi signs, or following chevrons.

The future?

2 Likes

Oh wow - I didnā€™t know about Subtle Taxi Ribbon! Thank you. I am definitely going to check that out.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome. There are several size options, you will probably have to try them out to see which one you prefer.

1 Like

I have the payware black square addon and itā€™s still unreadable at night.
Itā€™s incredibly bright which is nice cuz itā€™s like that irl, but at least itā€™s readable irl :stuck_out_tongue:
Hope we get a fix for this in SU8

1 Like