Taxi to parking issue

I can get ATC to route me to the active from any parking spot, but when I land and tune to ground, I don’t get the option to taxi to parking. Any ideas?

are you sure you are using the ground frequency? ATIS will not work.

Yes. When I taxi for takeoff, ATC will give me the taxiway directions, on the ground freq. There’s just no option to taxi to the gates, when I land.

You have to contact tower to get that option.

Not necessarily.

Tower automatically directs you to Ground once you turn onto any taxi-way (or at least get off the active runway you just landed on).

At the airports with gates (take your pick if that’s actually jetways or just parking spots), selecting Ground offers you the choices of Taxi to Gates or Taxi to Parking.

I figured it out. I had to click on each parking spot and then go to the properties window and click the name drop down box and select parking, gate, etc…

It was strange, because before doing that, all the parking spots and gates were showing up in the main menu and I was able to spawn at them. Now I just need to get the ILS setup and I’ll be all set.

1 Like

You can also create a flight plan from departing gate to arrival gate.

So when you land, tune in to ground ATC, choose taxi to the gate/parking, and it will direct you to the spot that you made in the flight plan.

Sometimes the ATC could be buggy though, where even tuning in won’t give you the option to taxi to the gate/parking. Nothing you can do about that other than just end the flight. (you won’t have anything logged, though). But this happens only some times. Not always.