Taxiing the Darkstar, nosewheel doesn't turn

So I’m not sure if others have this problem or if it’s just me. But I simply cannot turn the Darkstar while on the ground making it impossible for me to taxi. Once i start moving no amount of rudder input changes the nosewheel. Am I missing something?

Make sure flight mode is set to modern not legacy.

Flight model is already on modern

Parking brake off?

Not sure, but it might need nose wheel steering set up also.

Is the Rudder/Taxi Assist on? I have had this problem before with other planes and turning the assist off seemed to fix the issue.

Have you made sure you have the Nose Wheel Steering axis bound in your control options?

1 Like

I’ve tried it with both, it works with neither

Update: So I just tried the Darkstar on my friend’s Xbox (I play on the PC) and he is able to taxi the aircraft around no problem. I still have the problem on my PC despite even removing all the mods

Perhaps try it by unplugging all your connected hardware except for the Mouse and Keyboard. Set them to have the default profile. And try to taxi with the keyboard and mouse. See if that works first, before we can move on to investigate other aspects that might have caused your issue.

I’m having similar issues with the Cessna 172 on Xbox. On take off I can taxi fine but on landing it is almost impossible to turn using normal controls via rudder. I’ve tried various controller profiles with no success.

If I quit out and then restart the flight then I’ll able to taxi fine but after a flight, no dice. It used to work fine but something has changed recently.

Bug? Or am I missing something?

1 Like

I did, and it changed nothing. I have a simple Thrustmaster T.flight HOTAS