Taxiway Ribbon and Airport Personnel Out of Whack

I don’t know if this has happened to anyone else or not. I landed at KLAS 26R and requested taxi to parking. When I got to parking, the first thing I noticed is that the guy that directs me with his flashlight had his back to me, as if I was supposed to pull in from the other direction. So I switched to external view and then noticed that the taxi ribbon is split in two, with opposing arrows inside the box.

And see the screenshot below of the airport personnel.

That means you should approach by following the arrow direction into the box. Once you’re in the box, you do a 180 degree turn facing the ground marshal.

Ah… Ok thanks @Neo4316. Is the ground marshall going to move out of the way, or is that another issue?

There are some issues with the taxiway arrows routing such as having a path go through obstacles or into a dead end. Whenever I get close to the parking spot, I use the drone camera to find the ground crew with the flashlights then ignoring the blue arrows guide the plane to face him.

Good idea @PacificSet90456 . Thanks for the tip.

No one is going to move away. If you set full ground airport traffic, you will see cars driving along the middle of the taxiway easily crushed by your taxiing aircraft. The ground marshall do disappear once you park and cutoff your engines.

Yep, I know. That was my dry sense of humor.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.