Taxiways Are Incorrect at KCOS

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Taxiways are outdated.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Pulled up an airport diagram of KCOS and the taxiways are different than in game. For example, taxiway B in real life is D in the game. I believe all are off.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

I guess reporting it via Zendesk is the way to go.
There is not much to discuss about it here, just the fact that there are unfortunately plenty airports with wrong taxiway designators.

1 Like

Oh OK, thanks for letting me know. I wasn’t sure.

This is the case at most airports, honestly. Taxiways are not correctly named.

Incorrect in KCOS?
Tell me where taxiways are correct haha

It’s my current hometown airport, and I am looking to start playing around with the SDK. I want to start off by at least leveling out the terraforming, then work on the taxiways such as incorrect lighting placement and designations. Then once I get a hang for it work on the terminal area. I’m happy to take any requests on areas to look at. Once I have something I’ll post the link to flightsim.to.

Cheers!

So started working on it this week, getting a hang of the SDK and other tools.

You don’t realize how big of an airport it is until you start interacting with all the objects of it.

So far I am half way through renaming the taxiways and signs to be correct to the FAA chart for the airport. Signs are a bit difficult to see as Google Earth does not have them very clear in 3D mode, so doing the best I can. Starting to clean up some of the taxiway lighting tonight to get rid of rogue edge lighting.

I tried to do some terraforming to flatten out the taxiways that are too rough, but am failing miserably. I think its just going to take some more practice. I tried to just use the easy button and flatten the whole airport. It just looks fake and out of place for the rolling hills of the area.

My next plans are once I fix all the taxiways, move to the parking areas to have a distinction between Civilian and Military. Looking to add some static models of military aircraft such as the C-130 and C-17. Since this is also the home base for Global Supertanker and is used by the Forest Service for other VLATs, looking to also have the 747 and 10 Tanker DC-10 setup statically, maybe dynamic if possible down the road.

Then move onto the terminal gates area to make it look less dead. Then move onto the actual terminal buildings, either play with some the public scenery libraries to make the building more realistic or start learning Blender. Which knowing me it will probably be the later.

Want to also setup the FedEx cargo area on the NW side of the airport and Skywest’s base.

Cheers!

Released my first version of the mod last night.

Current Fixes:

Fixed Gate Parking at terminal so gates could actually be used

Added Lighting to both Commercial and Military Terminals

Removed Commercial Parking from Military side of the airport

Fixed Taxiway Designators to be accurate to FAA airport diagram

Added Parking and Lighting to FedEx Cargo Area

Fixed errant Taxiway lighting best I could, will continue improving upon it as I enhance my skills

Will continue working on fixing terraforming on taxiways next along with taxiway lighting improvements.

Cheers!

KBWI also has incorrect taxiways and a completely missing main runway (15R/33L).

Well, it’s kind of there. It’s pavement, but with no markings or numbers. It also isn’t able to be used for any SID’s or STAR’s.