TBM 930 RNAV Setup

I’m trying to setup the FMS for a RNAV approach. How do I set the FMS to read “FMS” in the active NAV window on the panel? I only have vor1,vor2 and GPS from the PFD panel . Any advice would be appreciated.

GPS is what you need in the CDI (Compass Rose) at the bottom of the PFD. What should appear assuming you are set in APR mode and have arrived at each navigational fix on the approach at or under the required altitude fix, a Magenta GP diamond will appear to the right of the Pitch Ladder. It will march down as you approach the FAF and GP will appear on the Annunciator Scoreboard Boxes across the top of the PFD. Then you just need to manage throttle and control surfaces/gear to keep the Magenta Diamond centered which indicates correct descent rate. Disconnect AP at Minimum Decision Altitude and manually complete landing.

Thank you for the information. It appears that and FMS and GPS are the same function.

Traditionally the name „flight management system“ isn‘t really used in GA aircraft that use Garmin glass cockpits. Although they handle more or less the same features as the systems in a 737 for example they are seldomly called FMS. It‘s basically the same, you can be guided theough lateral and vertical paths abd actually manage your whole flight but Garmin doesn‘t say FMS.

Thank you. As a CFI and CFII for the past 17 years, I will pass this information on to my students.