TBM 930 Throttle stuck in right position after Sim Update 5

Hey,

since Sim Update 5 I can’t get the throttle from the TBM from the high idle to the taxi position. Not with my mouse, not with my usb throttle. It is stuck in the right position. Anyone else having this issue? And if so, did you find a solution or Workaround? Tried restarting the sim and my PC. Didn’t change anything. Haven’t submitted a ticket to zendesk yet.

Only things in my community folder are the Just Flight Arrows and the Navigraph Plugin. Removed the Working Title G3000 and G1000 mod before the Sim Update…

Thanks in advance!

Having the same problem here, haven’t found a workaround.

At least you got your TBM started, and had a working MFD. Looks like all that is shot now.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Have you reported to Zen desk yet? Please submit one. I have to go to work. So, the soonest i can take the time to submit one will be much later tonight.

i can confirm this issue.

1 Like

Same here. Haven’t found any solution.

1 Like

Yep, same here, with and without the WT mod (the one released today).

Using either the mouse or my throttle I can only move the throttle lever to the center right, cannot get it to the left channel.

I just tried to cold start the TBM and am having the same issue. No mods. Just Sim Update 5……smh

I have the “Propeller Axis” bound to the pinky wheel on my cheap Thrustmaster TWCS. The behavior of the throttle lever has changed in SU5. Now, with the “Propeller Axis” all the way feathered, the TWCS throttle will move the throttle in the game only from low to high idle (right side). If I move the “Propeller Axis” all the way to the other extreme (the same as the blue knob being pushed all the way in on planes with propeller pitch control), then the throttle in the game moves over to the left side. I can’t figure out now how to get the throttle off of the fuel cutoff detent using the TWCS yet, I seem to have to use the mouse.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Cold starting no longer works due to the topic.

1 Like

It’s working for me but it works different than before.

Now to switch from one side of the throttle to the other you have to hold left click then right click when in high idle/0% throttle position. This is fairly obvious when you have the new lock interaction system enabled and binds set for the new interactions, but I did have to switch to the new default mouse profile in the control settings for the new lock system to work properly since it was missing some key binds.

The right click (or whatever you bind for “cockpit interaction - secondary action”) to switch sides is also necessary with the legacy interaction mode only you don’t get any visual indication of what you need to press.

I had already switched to the new default mouse profile before I got around to testing the TBM so changing to the new default mouse profile or setting some custom key binds is probably necessary to get that to work.

13 Likes

Can also confirm that I was able to use this in “lock” instrument interactive mode.

For those that can’t get “lock” mode to work, try setting your mouse controls back to default profile.

It started working for me. I use the legacy mode for the mouse as I don’t like this new lock mode. You first press the left mouse button over the throttle just like you always did but now while holding the left mouse button, also hold the right mouse button and drag the throttle to the side you want. I couldn’t drag it side to side over and over. I had to repeat the procedure each time I wanted to change from taxi to feather and back. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

I can happily report that by clicking both the right and left mouse buttons at the same time, the throttle will traverse from feather to taxi and back. If this works for everybody, we may be able to close this one.

3 Likes

Right Click works for me. Had to change my VR cockpit Fokus button since it was mapped on the right mouse button. But this seems to be a bit odd to change that procedure without saying anything… I still think it’s a bug because of a mixup between legacy controls and the lock mode… But this workaround works, so who am O to complain. :smiley:

1 Like

I have to use the mouse to get it off the fuel cutoff as well.
That would be the key for me.

works way better this way hold the one button and click the other to move it horizontal. no longer do i have to worry about it accidentally cutting off fuel when moving it on startup.

2 Likes

Confirm this. Workaround is to use the checklist and when you get to stage where it says go from low idle to flight idle get the sim to do it automatically for you and you get it from the right to the left.

Even if the multiple mouse click method works, they still need to fix the ctrl+E autostart for the TBM. It is working for other planes, but is broken for the TBM. I am testing testing the right/left mouse method this morning. If it works, it is still not a ‘closed’ issue IMO. Not just because of ctrl+E, but you should be able to move the throttle where you want with one button. Don’t except a bad workaround as a fix when it wasn’t broken before. It sounds like something that got messed up in the XBox modifications.

2 Likes

Just to confirm that, when in ‘high feather’ after a manual start, you can move the throttle over to the left ‘taxi’ side by holding the left mouse button and then pressing the right mouse button. It moves over like magic :slight_smile: . Hopefully, it will move back the other way after my flight so that I can move to cutoff and shut down the plane.

2 Likes