TCA Throttle Quadrant Engine Mode Selector

Same issue on SU9 beta – doubt they’ll fix it, but worth the vote.

Can confirm I’m also experiencing this issue with the TCA Quadrant.

Same here, not notice till after SU9. Confirmed on FBW A20N. Removing the Button 7 on release from Set Norm doesn’t seem to work around the issue for me. Doing that I can only switch between IGN/START and Crank.

1 Like

Yup, same problem over here. Started with SU9.

The same here with SU9

Same issue here… TCA Quadrant was working flawlessly until SU9.

Same problem after updating to su 9

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same issue with selector switch clicking right to center un-commanded

Please fix secondary input bug…

For anyone looking for a temporary workaround…

“Temporary fix is to use button 8 as primary on release. Secondary input on release is bugged.”

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/965072479796215888/968582681434664971/unknown.png?width=1386&height=780

Yes,I do.

I switch the switch, and it goes crazy. when I go into the settings, it selects and highlights and remains highlighted.

Yep! Same problem. Hope it will be fixed. Voted!

The default settings have automatically set the NORM position on the two positions of the knob, settings need to be checked after SU9 update.

Summary

Default configuration after SU9 :

Thanks for the feedback @TechyCentipede6 but this setting doesn’t work.

The better setting to have is to set the NORM position the be a “Release” of the another function (as indicated under)
However, i didn’t succeeded to set the “Release” for the CRANK position in parallele to the IGN position. When both applied, nothing work so i set only the IGN position. When on CRANK position, the knob need to be briefly switch on IGN then back to NORM to work.

An example of the settings (as indicated above). The video show when the TCA’s knob is turned on IGN and how it work when turned on CRANK and try to come back it to NORM :

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue using the TCA throttle quadrant but even switching the ignition switch with the mouse it does the same. It doesn’t affect the ability to make an engine start and does return to the MODE NORM when you switch it back. It just flips back and forward when turned to IGN/START

Hi @GovernedMite270,
Did you read my post above ? Did you tried to check your controller settings and eventually set it as indicated ?

Yes

Same as OP, Whenswitched to IGN/START, the switch starts an endless flip back and forth.

N/A

When I see the engine mode selector keeps flipping between NORM and START, I did think the switch has been broken down, until I find this post

Tied to this I just bought the Honda Jet and when using the TCA quadrant it completely shuts the aircraft down when holding the right mouse button so its not just the A320 being affected by things by the looks of it.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great as I can’t fly this currently unless I unplug the TCA which isn’t really the reason i bought it :smiley:

I have the exact same issue and have had for some time. Right click causes the engine mode selector to revert from ign/start to mode normal while the right mouse button is held down. This happens every time and for the duration of the click only.

I’ve looked for bindings but can’t see the issue. Right click doesn’t appear anywhere on my TCA throttle quadrant.

Any help would be appreciated.

Same here, trying to figure this one out, on my tca quad buttons 7 & 8 set the crank and start engine - switch, when selected either 7 or 8 the right mouse button will switch the knob to norm mode - I can not find any right mouse bindings that could interfere, any suggestions apreciated thanks

Fixed in Sim Update Beta 10… :slight_smile: