TCAS / ACAS - Live Players

ok but I didnt get how to get simconnect work because I see that its in the folder of MSFS and then …? :frowning:

SimConnect is the protocol used by external software to connect to the simulator. SimConnect-injected traffic refers to traffic from networks like Vatsim and IVAO. This does not include the standard multiplayer mode.

1 Like

yeah I just flew on IVAO and ND didnt show traffics above and below me

It seems that TCAS shows traffics even if they are with the transponder on STBY. Is that correct? Is this the way it should be simulated? I saw this behavior flying on IVAO with CRJ 700 and Working Title CJ4.

We need this feature to apply to 3rd party apps like LittleNavmaps for multiplayer flyins for ATC

Agreed, same goes for G3000/VFR map

YmandatoryY

Well folks, we had several updates til now and I can’t believe asobug couldn’t fix the tcas for multiplayer. It’s a shame.

3 Likes

The group that I fly with uses a JoinFS hub and so we can see each other for ATC guidance and traffic also comes up on my TDS GTNxi 750 in TCAS mode too. Of course, JoinFS also allows cross platform multiplayer sessions, Inc MSFS, XP, FSX and I think, P3D as well. Couple that lot with comms from Teamspeak or similar and you have fully fledged multiplayer.

1 Like

When will the Inbuilt-Multiplayer traffic be activated ?

JoinFS works well and shows how it should work.
MSFS has all the data for multiplayer aircraft since it’s needed for rendering the nametags, models etc. Yet still they refuse to inject this data into the API used by ingame TCAS as well as external tools showing traffic (like LittleNavMap, TDS,…).

It’s just SO annoying that such vital features are neglected. We just get the AI/Realtime traffic for some reason…

1 Like

It has its quirks, much like anything does or ever did really, but it is a superb solution and does us well. With Teamspeak as the other, missing half of the equation, we run some very good and very professional ATC covered sessions and if you or anybody would like to give it a try, they would be made very welcome and could also get any assistance in setting it up, not that it takes much. Give me a shout if you are interested folks!

They say over ‘weekly announcements’ that TCAS/ACAS will be partially improved… but c’mon folks it’s very simple to fix, just add some code and it’s done.

works with IVAO

Agreed. We need TCAS / ACAS to work for live player traffic

+1 to this - We need TCAS to work with MSFS Multiplayer so we are able to see other real players who are in the area.

** This 100% **

it should have been there from the beginning, absolutely essential.

Then you would simply turn off TCAS if it was that much of an issue.

1 Like

TCAS in the general multiplayer servers would be fantastic. I know it is better to fly realistic on VATSIM, but alot of the time I really don’t mind flying realistically without ATC on the provided general servers :slight_smile:

Yeah we really need this for multiplayer!