[Tell Tours] Switzerland - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (Leg 2)

That’s gonna be a good one. In september 2019 I was on that dam and the valley with my fiancee and at the Piz Gloria with my parents over 20 years ago. Also drove trough Lauterbrunnen 2 years ago on my bike an tent trip. Long story short: some nice places worthy to visit :kissing_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Will join the leg 2 run tonight. Catch you then.

1 Like

It stood out from many other flights. It was a great guided tour and a fun flight in one!
Looking forward to the next ones, starting tonight!

Dear all, just what I was somehow expecting: I was just launching FS2020, and… an UPDATE is available for download, a little over 1’000 MiB (~1 GiB)!

Release Notes say it’s version 1.12.13.0 - haven’t read them just yet, as I am still starring at the progress bar… dumdidum

So launch your FS2020 early (as in “right now”), if you haven’t installed the update just yet!

UPDATE: According to the version number that’s the update from December (“SIM Update 2”), so this download probably “just” contains updated navigation charts/data/frequencies etc that get updated on a monthly basis.

But still, be prepared to download and install this update.

1 Like

Doing it now - Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Dear all, the update went smooth and relatively quickly (I do have a fast internet connection though), so far so good.

And the good news: I just checked the live weather - looks good! So I suggest the following simulation settings:

Variable Setting
Server North Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Live Weather
Time of day 1000 AM local (0900 UTC) for great lighting

Apparently live weather works most reliably when you first choose “Clear Weather” in the pre-flight preparations, and only after you have clicked on “Fly” switch to “Live Weather”.

Note that we are using the North Europe server this time (West Europe currently has high ping values).

1 Like

I have tweeked my MSFS2020 setting and thought the update is just because of my play with the setting, so there is actually an update…Cool :blush:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

some more backinfos (couldn’t speak on voice chat) on the dam before vercasca you can do the 007 bungee jump, but it was closed when i visited it. the rotaring restaurant on the schilthorn is named piz gloria like in the movie. the reichenbachfälle in lauterbrunnen is where j. r.r. tolkien had the idea for rivendell in the hobbit/ the lord of the rings. the high number of parked cars at intelaken can be a result of an open air event that occurs at the closed military airport called “greenfield festival”. Also there was the red bull air race some times ago

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks for this very interesting event! :smiley:

1 Like

2 Likes

Thank you all for these nice pictures and especially Steeler for this great event!
Diogenes

1 Like

Thanks again, Steeler. That was an amazing flight. Very much looking forward to leg 3!

2 Likes

Thanks for joining @ChampionFlea226

I swear this is pure coincidence, but my wife suggested to do a ski week-end and she booked a hotel - which just happened to be close to the flying route. We were in Fiesch, which happens to be in Valais, very close to the Aletsch Glacier! I again took some photos which I’d like to share with you here:

The upper Valais (a couple of miles after Münster where we did our first landing)

The Aletsch Glacier

I must confess that I did not do enough justice to our Alps while doing my research: the guy in the aerial cableway (in Fiesch) old me a couple of interesting facts, for example the Jungfrau mountain - while being called “Top of Europe” by its marketing department :wink: - is not nearly the highest mountain of Europe (Mount Elbrus is).

While I was fairly certain about that the Jungfrau is not even the highest mountain of Switzerland. I am not sure whether I claimed that during our flight, but if I did: shame on me! The highest mountain completely located in Switzerland is the Dufourspitze, with an elevation of 4,634 m (15,203 ft), whereas the he Jungfrau is at a respectable 4,158 meters (13,642 ft).

We also could have spotted the Mattherhorn from Brig (from where we climbed the Aletsch Gletscher - you can actually see it in the second photo: it is the second peak from left, in the very far distance). Oh well :slight_smile:

Also many thanks to @HBXenomorph for the additional info, specifically about the Reichenbachfälle which I completely missed during my research! I will add this additional info to my “github repository” where I keep all my (upcoming) tours: GitHub - till213/Tell-Tours: Guided flight simulator tours - fly, show and tell. - but now I need to finalise my preparations for tomorrow’s upcoming leg 3 (“Smoke on the Water”) flight! :slight_smile:

1 Like