Terrain wrong NZMF

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

NZMF is wrongly shown as being in a narrow very deep trench making it impossible to use

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

only appeared with update 9

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Milford Sound unusable. Don’t know if this is a result of the latest update (9) but the runway is on a slope so the aircraft slides off it. The whole airfield appears to be in a bowl & the surrounding scenery is also distorted…Milford Sound Distorted

2 Likes

Is NZMF that you are using a Third Party creation?

1 Like

Standard MSFS scenery

Do you use Orbx New Zealand mesh or have the Atorea mods installed ?

I have uninstalled Orbx NZ Mesh & it is exactly the same

Not sure what an OP is but I get the problem when using the program in normal mode & selecting NZMF as a departure airfield. I do have Orbx NZ mesh installed but I have uninstalled this & it makes no difference as the problem is still there.

the whole airfield is in a bowl making the airfield unusable

screen shot already in the tread

Exactly the same issue and same steps not resolved it.

1 Like

yes same issues and same steps not resolve issue

airport and land in a u shaped trench with cars moving on the verticles.

Hi there,
I am experiencing the same issue with NZMF, (and actually other areas around New Zealand), and this has only occurred since SU9. I am on Xbox and have deactivated the ORBX NZ mesh, restarted the console. The issue seems to remain.

Any help to rectify this would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Queenstown has a big problem too on my xbox, large terrain at the Cromwell end of runway

1 Like

Wow this looks like inception!

Nzqn no matter what you do its wrecked, nz mesh installed, xbox series s

This is EXACTLY how my Queenstown looks now :frowning:

Here’s hoping a fix is on the way. It’s so frustrating, especially seeing as prior to the last update it looked great…

Well that has only appeared in the last few days. I have been flying there quite a lot recently and have not seen that effect before. Only after looking since seeing your post.

These anomalies have only appeared since Update 9 prior to the update the terrain in that area was close to perfect.

2 Likes

I to am having problems with the Queenstown airport and surrounds, it used to be very good, but first time I have used it today 16th, for a few weeks and the distortion in weird, much the same as the above screen shot.

1 Like

Yikes! NZMF has been corrupted in the last update. Symptoms are as above, already described. I have the NZ Mesh from Orbx, and I deleted that. Still the same crazy canyon at NZMF. The aircraft even slide around due to the inaccurate elevations when you select ‘fly now’. It is impossible to take off. Similar defects are found in the scenery around NZQN. Other areas of NZ that I have tried seem OK, but obviously I have not tried them all. Please FIX IT, because the flight from NZMF to NZQN was one of my favourites and quite well rendered prior to the last update. PLEASE!

THis post is exactly what happened to me. I took two screen shots, with a system reboot between shots. One WITH Orbx and one without. No change.
How could this get released without checking the main Tourist airports in the region?

I have the same problem also , it occurs around Quintin Lodge and Queenstown has elevation issues also