TERRIBLE LOD is destroying a potentially great sim

What do you mean by Framegeneration?

1 Like

I have same issue. This is terrible.

3 Likes

Anyone considered the possibility it is deliberate as their current server setup cannot cope with the massively growing demand ?

Just a thought.

5 Likes

I didnā€™t think of that. You could be right.

I sincerely hope itā€™s not. Because that would mean assuming Asobo has deliberately reduced quality of service without notice.

7 Likes

Exactly. The only thing I know for sure is that the sim looked way better two years agoā€¦ Crisper ground textures and way higher object draw distance.

15 Likes

Asobo finally needs to acknowledge that not everyone is flying around in cessnas at 2000 feet like they do in their trailers. There are so many people like myself that enjoy airliner simulation; and the object draw distance and ground texture resolution is just not good for people with normal or decent hardware (and I have a 4080 and 5800X3D as mentioned (I would class that as almost top of the line)).

At FL380, hard as it may sound, ground textures and object draw distance look just like P3D resolution wise (yes I know it is better because it is photoreal and all that stuff; but I think you lot know what I am talking about).

7 Likes

Yes and i think it is quite obvious i 'm afraid.

Exactly! Letā€™s say the sim came out of the box in itā€™s current state it would still be somewhat dissapointing. But because the sim has both looked and performed WAY better than now, itā€™s just a very hard fact to accept how much worse itā€™s become in 2,5 years. In my opinion it was supposed to only get better.

A real shame.

8 Likes

It must be the jpeg photos. I get a whole lot better than that. Night and day.

Absolutely.

They can do what they wish.

1 Like

I think not-loading buildings have nothing to do with compression, have they?

For the ground textures yes, maybe. But still, yes it looks worse in the picture but still looks bad in the sim.

3 Likes

Maybeā€¦ my sim works great and I donā€™t have your issue.

2 Likes

Maybe cause you have lower expectations than most of us here. We/ I know what the sim is capable of and there has 100% been some sort of degredation over the yearsā€¦ Good for you then I guess.

8 Likes

I doubt that very seriously, We? you got a mouse in your pocket? lol

1 Like

Shocking to say the least poor textures and poor performanceā€¦. Not quite sure how that happens!

2 Likes

First of all, stop posting in this thread if you have nothing to contribute and/or donā€˜t witness the bug/performance issues yourself.

Secondly, if you read the posts beforehand you wouldā€˜ve noticed that I am not the only one having this issue; I am not even the topic author. Therefore, I used the plural ā€˜weā€˜ as there is more than one person, excluding myself, who have the same problem (it is called basic grammar). So, before throwing around with meaningless accusations get your facts right and stop being a di**head.

9 Likes

From so many complaints that Iā€™ve seen since the launch like the visual recreations, everything leads me to believe that Asobo canā€™t deal with the binomial Quality X Performance.
For me, thatā€™s what weā€™re going to have for a long time yetā€¦ this difficulty even in explaining to us users in a simple and clear way.

:confounded:

1 Like

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?
No

Brief description of the issue:
I was on Beta and everything looked ok these days. Yesterday the patch became public and I noticed something wrong with the LOD. Buildings take a lot to load on distance. Even snow on Appennini (Italy) suddenly pops in as soon as I approach the mountains. What happened? It looks awfulā€¦ Xbox Series X.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Madrid never looked so shā€¦yā€¦

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: