Terrible turbulence and bouncing on approach

Yeah, flying into YPAD from over the water in a light aircraft gets very bumpy now. I’m not sure if that is realistic or not really. I think it may be a bit overdone. But I’m glad they are looking to add such features.

At YADG we had some hangars on 03s approach that could make landings a bit more “interesting” depending on wind strength and direction.

The one thing to try and not do though is over control. It can be natural to make big or abrupt stick corrections because of turbulence but they often really aren’t needed because most of the you are basically just being jostled around and not really in big up or down draughts that change your actual path much. I’ll have to experiment with that in the sim.

Asobo said otherwise in their Q&As. Go ahead and watch them, they’re embedded in my post. They specifically said that these improvements were “on the way” on March 2nd, and then on April 27th they said that they were now implemented (SU9 was released on Apr 26th), and then they said that SU10 will include the visualizations since they correctly predicted that the casual gamers would be very confused by the new forces acting on their plane.

Doesn’t apply at the equator, which is where I do most of my testing of the system. These are obviously recent improvements. The old system wasn’t nearly as fleshed out and couldn’t be used for soaring I believe. It just seemed to move your plane somewhat randomly. That was completely different than what we have now.

1 Like

IMO, we should have the option to turn it on or off or adjust it to our liking. Aero Fly did it why can’t MSFS…? It should up to the user to adjust these kinds of things, user preference only !

1 Like

Hello, could it be you experience this issue?

I was noticing it too so googled around and ended on that forum post. According to the developer, there is something fishy and they only see it happening in the PA-28. They’re not sure yet what’s up.

To be honest I think it is just turbulence but I put rudder assist on and it’s not so bad now to be fair and with time I have started to get used to it and can control things better. Thanks for looking out!

Wow that last video did not look fun at all. Makes Flight Sim seem mild.

I’d not seen those activities before either.

They sound like they might be a good first flight for a new VR user…not!!! :slight_smile:

I might kick the hornets nest here but ill try anyway. I have a theory that people having real hard time with turbulence and updrafts/downdrafts on approach is due them flying at locked 30 FPS. I believe that causing everything to be much less responsive and fluent. It might look good with v-sync but its not preforming good. I noticed a complete different experience flying at 50FPS and above than 30 FPS.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.