Tested 1.8.3.0 a bit, i mean played, here's my observations

Pretty much none of this is my experience. I flew for 3-4 hours last night, and had no issues, improved frame rates etc. Specifically:

Not my experience. Load time is more than 90 seconds faster and load from menu to in flight much quicker for me

I get 5-10 FPS improvement

PG looks like that close up. Nothing to do with the new patch. You can turn it off if you don’t like it. See many many posts on this

Not my experience - it’s pretty instant

Not my experince - I get a lot of wind buffeting

Never seen this in game

I think that is intentional

See many threads on this topic. NEVER use active pause - always use SET PAUSE ON and SET PAUSE OFF to achieve a proper pause that doesn’t crash your plane

See the many many threads on the camera system, including the ones about fixing cameras to the outside of the plane etc. See also this thread on my camera set up which works well for me Pilots POV, adjusting seat height - #20 by gordongreig

Never happened to me

None of these are related to the patch

Never tried the bush flights myself

Works perfectly for me - world map shows the winds, in game winds match the winds as far as I can tell

Need to understand more about the setting you used and whether you did “live” or “preset” with live weather selected to understand this better

Makes no sense this unless you changed the install folder. How big is your rolling cache file? My install file (including community airports etc) is 125Gb. I have a 250Gb rolling cache. That’s it. I could delete/reduce the rolling cache as I don’t think that needs to be anything like that big.

And?

Have you tried it with a controller? It’s brilliant and much more intuitive than a mouse could ever be for that purpose IMO

Similarly for me

You’re not wrong

13 Likes