Texas Props American VOR Tour 17 Michigan - Indiana

Texas Props American VOR Tour 17 Michigan - Indiana

Jan 14th, 19:00-21:30PM,(GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Voice Communications: TexasPropsCrews Discord Server

Server : South-East Asia

Settings : All Players, No Traffic, Live Weather, Game time 09:00AM Local

Plane: Baron, Bonanza, DA62, or equivalent. (163 kt or faster cruise speed needed for today) The idea is to try to constrain the flights to 2.5 hours, as this leg is 326 NM! Some flights later in the series will be significantly shorter, and we will change aircraft accordingly, for visual enjoyment and time management.

Departure Airport : Capital Region International (KLAN) airport.

Duration: 2 – 2.5 hours

Welcome to the Texas Props American VOR Tour.

We will be flying this tour in a VOR/Localizer navigation mode and plan to adjust PROP aircraft/speed to complete each trip leg within approx. 2.5 hours.

If all you want to do is “follow the magenta line”, then this tour is NOT for you!

And I know how to make it where you won’t. I am not going to publish the instructions (route) before we are actually preparing to take off at the departure airport.

And it will NOT be a flight plan that you may just load into the sim,

It will contain a set of instructions and VOR freq/courses that we will follow.

I don’t want anyone to feel intimated that they don’t know how to fly the instructions.

It will be possible to simply follow along and we can help you with the nav radios

(or you can fly it later, if you miss one and know how to do it).

But flying America ALONE is just NOT the same as flying with the GROUP.

Have I roused your curiosity? What will you see you ask? The plan is to visit ALL of the state capitals in the continental U.S., and travel to each one sequentially (following Ralph Olson’s map) as we go.

Don’t bother bringing anything without a prop and a working VOR NAV radio. If you turn OFF your Little Nav Map and just use a static VFR map such as those found at www.skyvector.com, the immersion factor will be better. And you will need to use your EYES and your brains to keep on track.

Come on YA’LL, Let’s really SEE ALL of America’s state capitals! (And a BUNCH of what lies in between)

The discord link isn’t working, just wondering if this event is closed now?

Sorry, Alex. The invites seem to be time limited. Try this one