TEXAS Props Tuesday in VOR #18 Cowtown & HOME!

TEXAS Props Tuesday in VOR #18 Cowtown & HOME!

Jan 03rd, 10:00-13:00,(GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
16:00 UTC

Voice Communications: TexasPropsCrews Discord Server

Server : USA EAST

Settings : All Players, No Traffic, Live Weather, Game time 10:00AM Local

Plane: C-172 or equivalent (110 kt cruise)

Departure Airport : Denton Municipal (KDTO) airport.

Duration: 2 – 3 hours

TEXAS Props Tuesday in VFR tour of Texas.

We will be flying this tour in a VISUAL & VOR sense, using landmarks, rivers, highways, and VORs to complete the trip using various PROP aircraft. If all you want to do is “load and follow the magenta line”, then this tour is NOT for you!

I will publish the instructions (route) just before we are actually preparing to take off at the departure airport. And it will NOT be a flight plan that you may just load into the sim. It will contain a set of instructions and VOR freq/courses that we will follow, traversing TEXAS!

I don’t want anyone to feel intimated that they don’t know how to fly the instructions. It will be possible to simply follow along and we can help you with the nav radios (or you can fly it later, if you miss one and know how to do it).

But flying Texas ALONE is just NOT the same as flying with a GROUP.

Have I roused your curiosity? What will you see you ask? The plan is to SEE IT ALL. If it is in Texas, and its good to look at in a plane, we will fly over it, and do the trip sequentially as we go.

Don’t bother bringing your JETS, or anything else without a PROP and a working NAV radio. If you turn OFF your Little Nav Map and POIs, and just use a static VFR map such as those found at

www.skyvector.com,

the immersion factor will be better. And you will need to use your EYES and your brains to keep on track. Come on YA’LL, Let’s really SEE ALL of T E X A S ! ! !