Textures seem to appairs randomly since SU7

#pc #Microsoft Store version

Hello
When flying, i have a problem with the ground textures. On severals fields or under higways and roads, the textures seem to hesitate displaying. I can see triangles or sometimes polygones on the ground instead of correct textures. It’s very uggly in severals locations.

It can happen near my plane (it is not texture far from me) and i can see them at low altitude.

I have reinstalled my fs2020 but without any result. I have fast 1gbits internet connection. My Windows 11 and the nvidia drivers are up to date. Cache files is deleted and i fly without rolling cache.

Testing my video card (rtx 2060) with stress test bench (furmark or 3dmark) is ok (no kinds of texture trouble)

Does anyone have this issue ? ( I suspect SU7 to be the reason but i’m not sure)

Thanks

Have you installed the 497.09 driver released by NVIDIA on 2021-12-01?

I hear that version has been causing some issues to folks with ground textures and crashes, you might want to try rolling back to the previous version (search and open Device Manager > Display adapters > [your NVIDIA GPU], then right-click and open Properties, go to Driver tab and select Roll Back Driver).

Yes i have installed theses last drivers, but this issue was already here with older drivers (even with the older 471.68 version)

I thought installing the newer driver should solve this bug with the last SU7, but i was wrong.

1 Like

I am getting such type of random squares, which keep on appearing and disappearing, and cause CTD in about 5 minutes.

does it look like that when you see polygones or triangles? i do not find a solution for this since SU7. tried clean reinstall, emptied community folder, nothing helps

Latest Nvidia driver causes this problem. Roll back the driver to solve this.

1 Like

Is that 3rd party scenery?

Negative sir. It is standard scenery in Switzerland. And it doesn’t matter if there is WU6 on or off. And i already rolled back the Nvidia driver. Doesn’t change.

1 Like

It might be the limitations of the Digital Elevation Model. Can you post some coordinates/position? I’ll try to have a look this evening myself.

1 Like

It is Zermatt but i get this in the whole country. You just need to be very low and slow as is normal if you land a helicopter. And exactly on the other side of the border the problem is not there. The further i dig into the problem i think that Asobo has a problem with the new, very detailed data they got from swiss government for this specific WU. I think they try to fix the problem with the rounded terrain to get more realistic looking rocks and mountains and then this is the result.

1 Like

In my case, a very uggly bug is near Toulouse in France.
Please, try to take off from “Lasbordes” with a little plane. After take off, go back immediatly to the south, you will fly over a highway. At 500-600 feets altitude, please look textures over roads and highway and over fields near the highway.
Thank you

1 Like