Thanks for delivering an arcade scenery flying product

Well said. Personally I don’t mind if the stock a/c are amazing or not. Even not so much the airports, those can be fixed.
The platform is the real thing that needs utmost attention and needs to have rock solid core features. That’s the area that should be improved before anything else. It’s a lot easier to get another great aircraft into the sim than a new weather engine, ATC, aerodynamics or whatever you can think of.

4 Likes

Hello,
I believed we actually did that during alpha & beta tests. But you people seems ignored us. It’s not something as easy as fixing a broken button. I will say again. If you are to impress & i quote “The old pro sim community” your product needs a complete overhaul of the flight model. But if your only targetted audience is new people who just run after eye candy stuff. Then your product perfectly fits that position.

2 Likes

Where is the glider and helicopter physics ? It’s as much of a physics simulator as is Mario Cart.

I have over 500 hours flying GA aircraft, including over 100 hours in the 150/152 series. I also have an engineering background and know how to test things methodically.

I do agree that the default control sensitivity is too high. I changed the pitch and roll sensitivity of my Honeycomb yoke to -40, and the rudder sensitivity of my Thrustmaster TPR pedals time -30 which helped tame a tendency towards “twitchiness”.

I strongly disagree that the flight model is “all wrong”. On my first flight with the 152, I spent almost 2 hours doing all the standard maneuvers a student pilot would have to demonstrate on a private pilot check ride, or that an experienced pilot would practice before a biennial flight review. I know exactly how a real 152 flies in these scenarios.

I did standard takeoffs, and short and soft field takeoffs. Climbs at Vx (best angle) and Vy (best rate), looking for the pitch angle and speeds that resulted.

In flight, I did 360 degree standard rate turns left and right, and 720 degree steep turns left and right.

I did a full stall series. Power off stalls with flaps up and down, power on stalls with flaps up and down. Slow flight at MCA (minimum controllable airspeed), with full flaps and full power, including turns left and right (which have to be done primarily with rudder in that configuration).

In level flight, at a constant power setting, I tested the aerodynamic effects of extending and retracting flaps.

I did multiple touch and go landings, including standard, short field and soft field approaches.

I set up a crosswind in the weather dialog and did several crosswind landings, including the “kicking out the crab” technique and the “forward slip” technique.

I found the performance of the flight model to be surprisingly accurate in almost every regard. Much better than I expected for a default aircraft. My main complaint is that the aircraft descends too steeply if pulling power back to idle from level flight with “hands off” the yoke, and the operation of the mixture control is not realistic at all in any piston engine aircraft in MSFS at the moment.

I did the same series of tests in the 172, and had similar good results, with the exception that the aircraft seems underpowered in climb for the represented 172 model. It acts more like an older high-time 172 with an 0-320 engine, than a newer model with an 0-360.

9 Likes

This thread is about unrealistic implementation etc. What is realism ? 100% real is the real flight of real pilots who have years of training and experience behind them. Weather conditions / aircraft where unpredictable things happen and where you as a pilot have to react accordingly. I am a flight simulator enthusiast and 100% aware that a software can only simulate such a feeling to a limited extent. But with MSFS2020 I can fly to places I have never seen in my life. I fly with airplanes that I can never afford and will never have. MSFS is just at the beginning of a long development and I believe that it will be good and I will support MS ASOBE ( PMDG ,Majestics, FSLab …they will also come )
But my basic principle is one, I want to enjoy and have fun

2 Likes

A most entertaining exaggeration, Mario Cart indeed :slight_smile:
Of course, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and you are correct, there is plenty of room for improvement.

Nice detailed response.

1 Like

its got a visibility control at least

2 Likes

You are only focusing on GA stuff. What about the opinion of a real 747 pilot here. Have you flown the 747 or the a320 in the product. Did the devs said that this is a GA only product. It has a 747,a320 on the product trailer. So, what was those for?

Nothing what anyone says will make you see the sim in a different way. You’re obviously upset. Why not uninstall the sim, and come back when the highly detailed third party addons have entered the scene? Why is there a need to keep the thread going like this.

Why not just log a ticket on zendesk and explain to them it does not match your real life experience with the A320 and 747.

The sim is what it is at the moment. Things will get better.

1 Like

unfortunatly 747 and A320 is just "extended"GA stuff in MSFS2020. I prefer the TBM930 for "sightseeing " … simple but acceptable IFR

I not we, I started on FS98 this game is very realistic in terms of handling in the GA planes. I admit the jets need work but if you are expecting study level realism from the default planes you are barking up the wrong tree entirely. FS2020 is a great base for a new simulator that will compete with X-Plane and encourage the developers of both sims to push for improvement over time but also create a new place to release new payware and freeware to improve on the sim. Were the FSX default airliners realistic to their real world counterparts? Especially in terms of modeling systems.

That’s funny that…cos there’s other threads (ok, mostly on youtube comments) where people are complaining that the ‘game’ doesn’t have any actual gameplay…it’s just a flying sandbox…and the replies all go along the lines of “it’s a sim, not a game”.

So it seems this is either a sim or a game depending on what’s being complained about.

2 Likes

Stop the hate mister hater…

The MSFS 2020 IS revolutionary. Period! Yes, there are lot’s of things requiring polishing and yes, there will be tons of add-ons to make the sim more immersive. But it is a great platform and I am extremely happy that we have got to this point. I have enjoyed every second with it last night.

5 Likes

This is offensive. You should be careful with your words.

just go back to xplane or fsx

we will, this isnt a flight simulator.

2 Likes

I think it is very good base and will grow over time! Like FSX or a good cheese :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with your sentiment, if you don’t like the sim nobody will hold a gun to your head and demand you play it. Personally, I find it fun to play around with for now and fly more seriously in the coming months so I will play it. I don’t understand why some people don’t understand this concept of play if you like it and if you don’t like it then don’t play it.

2 Likes

Should have been delivered in a better state. It is clearly still beta.

2 Likes