Thanks for delivering an arcade scenery flying product

X-Plane’s default 737, even without the ZIBO Mod (Which is of course free and everyone should have) is a better simulation than either airliner in fs2020. Also, I can actually find my way around that cockpit because the camera wasn’t made by someone from Australia.

1 Like

Agreed. Day 1 xplane had real bugs, not basic user interface PROBLEMS.

1 Like

My little conspiracy theory is that Microsoft forced Asobo to release it early whether it was ready or not in order to not look bad from a delay I think they needed a second beta release and more feedback and time to develop but we got what we got and the toothpaste can’t go in the tube.

1 Like

The fact we have the most BASIC issues existing is scary. This sim is dead to me.

Real world private pilot here. Over 250 hrs in the Cessna 172. The MFS flight model is pretty accurate and handles very well. Trim is a bit sensitive, but that can be fixed. Overall happy with the sim.

7 Likes

Those who are claiming to be a real world GA pilot. Are you questioning those who are real life 747 pilots? You do realize they flew GA long before they got into airliner. So disregarding their opinion is not an option.

1 Like

The fact that these people are pissed off because of my complain is because either they are not familiar on P3D or X-Plane or they are just seasonal computer pilots who just doesn’t know what a flight simulator is all about. I highly doubt that asobo or MS will be able to make an overhaul of the flight model at the level of accepted by majority of pro simmers out there. This just looks an like an expensive expansion of microsoft flight(2012).

3 Likes

Well, at least that UI has an option for ground fog, and explicit visibility settings. It doesn’t matter how the UI looks. It matters what you can do with it.

Yes, there is a lot of flexibility in how you can configure the weather in MSFS. But it’s very cumbersome to use if you want to replicate the weather from a METAR.

Actually, this would be a very nice feature to have, being able to set the weather by entering a METAR. And setting that automatically from real world METARs when you enable live weather, would be the cherry on top.

Instead, we get a live weather is mostly not working. The winds seems to 3 knots 225 degrees almost everywhere. And the cloud layers described by ATIS at the airports are almost always the same, everywhere.

1 Like

What did we really expect from a “sim” that is coming to xbox. This sim is dead.

As many people have said, no one is forcing you to play it (or sim it)

2 Likes

So you keep saying. So uninstall and move on. Clearly nothing anyone says or does now will change your view.

1 Like

It’s because the devs have said we are listening to the community, we will listen to the community. And this is where we are. Another fancy arcade flying game.

1 Like

I don’t think we are trying to reason with you or anyone who likes the product at it’s current state. It’s a matter of how we feel about the product & i see nothing wrong on expressing user feedback on the feedback section of the forum.

+1. Plus, you might’ve seen it has a direct RVR setting as well (which was announced in the IFR episode, but I said this many times now…). This should really be worked on.
Directly entering/pasting METAR sounds good as well, but I’d rather have the foggy stuff work first.

1 Like

There seems to be a great deal of frustration from the day one users of a this new product. This has never happened before with any other sim release in history, so I guess Asobo have worked tirelessly just to annoy you all individually one by one. Very mean of them. :thinking:

I, an alpha and beta tester (notice I did not speak for us all) have seen nothing but commitment and growth to a platform base above and beyond ANYTHING previously released. I have faith in their commitment to continue to do so and with the help and support of the community and add on producers expect a fantastic and unrivalled flight experience for all to enjoy.

I think it’s only the most naive and self focused that would believe that this new platform would be all things to all people on day one. I for one manage my expectations and take a more realistic view of what the third party developers along with Asobo and it’s continued support of the platform can and will achieve.

3 Likes

Are you ever going to quit crying?

Honestly it’s embarrassing that grown men are weeping over the internet because they feel unlistened to and respond by wanting to strangle this at birth. Get over yourself.

7 Likes

if you really “care” about the sim you would fill a report explaining what is the problem instead of going on accusing the devs of making an “arcade” flight model, as you said before you have the sim through the game pass, you can leave at any time and you would loss nothing, and the devs are listening but you are looking from your own filter

2 Likes

Yeah, like xplane and Mobilephone…

1 Like

A little bit dramatic! Surely you can communicate how the product could/should be improved without being so negative and melodramatic?

To quote Frozen: “Let it go…”

1 Like