The 1937 Grumman G-21 Goose

Known Issues: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399-KNOWN-ISSUES-Last-update-November-17th-2022-

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the 1937 Grumman G-21 Goose.

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bugs & Issues section of the forum.

I must say I’m surprised/disappointed to see only one livery for this aircraft. (No, I don’t count the “Aviators club” ones, does anybody actually use those?)

I hope that it will get some of the attention repainters have given the Big Radials version.

4 Likes

you bet they will. I hevent checked yet on flightsim.to but give it a couple of minutes. :rofl:

ps. never use those aviator and xbox liveries. unistalled as many as I could. some are their own packages and some come included in the aircraft package.

2 Likes

I do not see any COM/NAV in the cockpit.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Official Discussion + Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11

Disappointed in this one. Have uninstalled it.

1 Like

Xbox users suffer as usual.

Not a very useful post as feedback without elaborating even a bit on what you dislike.

9 Likes

No radio?

The Goose seems to have an in built slight left hand bank which I am not getting with other aircraft.

Perhaps you need to lead a little with one engine?

I’ll chime in on this one with one big issue. The engine startup and shutdown sounds are worse than many FSX planes I’ve had, but the bar on good sound quality seems to have been set so low that nobody seems to remember or care anymore. The prop animation doesn’t even match the shutdown sound. That’s something I used to see with old freeware planes back in the day. I’m not sure how nobody notices these things and think it sounds great?

1 Like

There is no comm/nav in the cockpit, you can use the VFR map to navigate.

The Goose is using the new Computational Fluid Dynamics flight model and therefore you will notice some left bank during flight, you can trim this out.

3 Likes

May I ask why please?

1 Like

I’ve only had time to “sit in it” on the ground so far and look around the interior. Will devote more time to it later today. Will take a lot to usurp the BR version’s place in my hangar.

1 Like

I’m probably missing it but looking around the cockpit I couldn’t find the trim controls. Any pointers on where to look for it?

This version is using the new CFD flight model and propeller mechanics, I’d invite you to try it and let us know what you think.

Left hand wall of the cockpit is the rudder trim.

3 Likes

Sure, the sounds are terrible as has been said and its not very enjoyable to fly. No point me keeping it if I’m not going to fly it.

1 Like