The 1947 Havilland DHC-2 Beaver

Just took a quick flight. It seems a lot more detailed then I was expecting for a free plane and I think it will be fun to fly around Alaska. I would like to be able to hide the tablet to give more of an historical feel.

My only issue is the quick views. At least on my yoke, I can’t see out the right or left windows. If I use my quick view button to the right it shows me the passenger/cargo area. If I try to look to the left it only moves a few degrees to the left. I’ll need to figure this out or tweak the camera views on my own before I can really enjoy flying it.

6 Likes

For some reason I get the correct left and right views if I delete camera definitions 6 and 7 in the camera.cfg file. However the view doesn’t snap back when I let go of the button like in other planes.

For me the look of the Beaver is good enough but the flight model needs improvements.

1 Like

Great to have the Beaver back ! Water handling is really good now…a great improvement. :+1:

7 Likes

It’s good fun :wink:

8 Likes

Quickviews with my Honeycomb Alpha are all wrong here too. Same with the DC. Think something fishy is going on with this update and some planes. Strange this wasn’t caught in beta.

3 Likes

This really is the star of the freebies as far as I’m concerned.

24 Likes

Milviz/Blackbird has put out another stellar product. I really like this one.

10 Likes

No manual available?

2 Likes

my favourite aircrat from the 40 year anniversary Update.

I wasn’t keen on getting ‘another bushplane’, but this one is a lot of fun and so well made.

4 Likes

Aaaaand, you can edit the cfg files :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

With winter coming it would be very nice to have wheel/ski version

4 Likes

I wish we could hide the tablet

3 Likes

Anyone figure out how to lean this plane?

1 Like

The beta did not include the new aircraft.

This plane is very nice in the sim. I can imagine spending a fair amount of time in this one.

2 Likes

Am I the only one that “feel” the beaver too light? BTW I don’t have too much experience on this airplane (I didn’t buy the addons in the former versions of the sim), its my first approach to it. I expected a more heavy and lazy plane, for example, on turns. This one turns like a nimble plane. Maybe I’m wrong and it’s typical of this plane.

1 Like

The lighting in the lower part of the cockpit (floor) seems too bright to me. It’s like something is missing with the rendering. It looks a bit flat.
Otherwise it’s a nice classic aircraft.

3 Likes

Is there a keybinding for the fuel pump lever ?

Try to change the flight_model.cfg like this:

elevator_lift_coef =3 (was 5)
elevator_effectiveness = 0.6 (was 1)

This simulator ist very pitch sensitive, aileron seems right.

2 Likes

The Bonanza 36 and the upcoming Wilga 104 seems to bright also.