The 1947 Havilland DHC-2 Beaver

What is the purpose, behind having the oil cap in sim?

I know IRL it’s to allow topping up with oil when external is extreme cold.

2 Likes

Yeah, I too imagine folks don’t know about the primer pump…its a tough hombre to find if you don’t know where to look or if you’re supposed to find it.

I think most of my problems with the landing gear are due to my Bravo throttle. I have everything mapped properly, or so I think. If I disconnect it and use the keyboard everything works fine. Reconnect and it works now, but concurrently (i.e., the switch and the pump work together). Looks fine; however, the landing gear still do not lower. Hmm. Guess its time to fly the wheeled model for awhile.

don’t you just have Gear Up / Gear Down mapped? You don’t deal with the valve and it’s the easy version - but works on my Bravo. Any other h/w conflicts, maybe?

Yes i do too and at max RPMs…i wished the sound was steady and not the rolling of it at max rpm,I know that engine has a terrific roar to it,I hope like me you prefer a s t e a d y engine roar with out the reapeted engine roar peaks !

Indeed, that’s exactly how I have my Bravo set up. Perhaps it is another h/w conflict. Thanks

Please add a DME to the non GPS version.

5 Likes

The problem with the Bravo setup is that it constantly sends a signal from the buttons, and MSFS was written to handle that. Apparently other FS’s do handle it well, I don’t know why Asobo chose not too. Be that as it may, it is what it is, and why I haven’t chosen to purchase one.

Could I interest anyone into making a US Army skin for the Beaver?

6 Likes

Is it just me, or is anyone else finding that when using the dual VOR and nav radios, you cannot swap between active and inactive frequencies on the nav radios. It pretty much makes VOR navigation impossible.

Edit——

It’s a VR bug, doesn’t happen in pancake mode.

Open doors highlight the dark windshield problem. When it’s cloudy its really hard to see outside. I know there is a PC mod to fix that, but no solution on Xbox.

1 Like

Just finished a fun flight in the Beaver in VR. Took off from PADU - Unalaska Airport and flew along the chain of islands towards the Alaskan mainland. Wanted to see how far I could get on the default fuel since I’ve heard that it’s burning fuel faster than it should be. Flew at 10,000 feet with full lean. Managed to make it to PACD - Cold Bay Airport and was basically running on fumes when I landed. That was after starting out with about a third of each tank full. Going to try adding more fuel next time and see what kind of flight time I can get out of it. I may end up taking off from PACD next time and seeing how much further along I can make it before I need to land again.

5 Likes

New book just landed in my mailbox. Looking interesting.

15 Likes

A la MSFS…

7 Likes

Yeah, the engine sounds are pretty terrible. Especially the startup, idle and shutdown. Be nice if somebody would make a nice engine sound pack for it. I had a great one many many years ago for the FSX Beaver that put these sounds to shame.

Finally figured out my problem why I couldn’t remove the skis with the got friends mod, had a another mod for Beaver performance and the two were conflicting with each other. Like my instructor told me, when you do something and it causes a problem then undo the last thing you did

4 Likes

Sorry it took so long I deleted the file but hadn’t emptied the recycle bin. Any way the folder is microoft-dhc2-jonx-mod_avwf0. it might be a good mod but it and gotfriends didn’t play well together Blue Skies n’ Tail Winds

How to activate the NAV mode on the autopilot when using the analog VOR radio('s).

I am having trouble to activate NAV mode on the autopilot when I am flying in either DUAL VOR or ADF/DME configuration. I can select NAV mode on the autopilot and it will even arm itself, but never activates. Same for the APR function to establish on an ILS.

My workaround is to briefly switch to GPS avionics (via the tablet) and then press the CDI button to change from GPS to VLOC.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

1 Like

So I’ve had MSFS for about 3 months, I finally got around to using it this weekend. I work a lot, and am currently in flight school. So I tinkered around with the planes a bit over the last two days. This one really stuck out to me I have had no issues with it. It seems to fly great, and it has a very immersive checklist. I will say this is on my tops of favorite aircraft on here.

7 Likes

Hey,
Been away from this plane for awhile. Are the fuelburn and leaning issues fixed yet?

Nope, no update yet. Will probably come with the next sim update.

2 Likes