The 1947 Havilland DHC-2 Beaver

So is there no actual DME with this plane?

A bit disappointed there is no mention of any Beaver fixes in the SU12 beta release notes. Can anyone who participates in the beta confirm if leaning fuel mixture still does not affect CHT/RPM?

1 Like

The mixture control will affect the RPM’s, but we have to pull the mixture lever all the way down to
Full Lean, before it does anything. That doesn’t leave much room to adjust it, because Idle Cutoff
is not far below that position.

How about fixing the quickviews for xbox users? Inexcusable for such a simple fix for pc users.

3 Likes

Yep, doesn’t seem right. I just leave it full rich all the time as long as I can’t make out a proper amount. Shouldn’t matter when flying only a few 1000ft AGL though.

1 Like

It shouldn’t matter at that altitude. I don’t fly very high in it.
I like to fly low, while doing some island hopping.
I’m going to take it up high today and see if the Mixture Control is actually working.

Edit: So I climbed to 10k ASL and it appears the Mixture Control doesn’t lean the engine as it should.
As I moved the control closer to Lean, engine performance decreased rapidy until it finally stalled.

2 Likes

You are correct - there is no DME. It would make a great addon if someone could code that up. It’s probably something that’s running in the background anyhow.

3 Likes

All the stranger given the tablet calls out “ADF/DME Navigation” for the radio selection.

Where is the MOD? No such file

It got folded into the Got Friends 40th anniversary improvement pack.

You can find it here.

1 Like

Thank you.
Is there a way to tie-down a float DHC2 at sea to a buoy ? Or anchor only?

Where do you want to tie it to? :slight_smile:

Yeah, might be a stupid question, but I saw some buoys in the sceneries for Alaska like in the link here:
https://return.mistymoorings.com/z20_homepage/index.php

Anchors, tie-downs, and wheel chocks are simply optional parts in the 3D model, I think. I doubt it is even possible for devs and modders to interact with scenery objects in this way.

Hi All,

Just new to the DHC-2 and made a test flight. Everything goes fine and tried to land on water with following config and speed.

Landing gear UP, flaps in landing pos, water rudder UP, max prop, mixture rich, speed around 50. Checklist ok

Although I thought I have a smooth descend and landing, MSFS stated that I have crashed the plane.

Any thoughts what i could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Is it possibly the location you used?

I’ve had some instances taxiing on the San Francisco Bay where I’ve collided with some invisible object on the water and crashed the aircraft.

I’d try again in another location to be certain.

Thanks! Could be possible, will try it with another location

Hi,
In the mail FS menu, there is an option under settings iirc
where there is a box you can check/uncheck regarding crash behavior in-sim.
Un-check it, then you will not have that anymore.

1 Like

Tested other areas and succeeded. Also the one i crashed. What i noticed in the scenery CYWH , that there are multiple blocks in the water. Maybe that caused the crash.