The Aerosoft CRJ isnt flyable since SU5

Will try that :slight_smile:

Ugh. So I tried the workaround https://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=164654&key=b2a0d92ae3102692429528ba24bda791

However, when I load a flight from simbrief, I can’t use any button or dial anymore, even light dials do not work anymore. Simply nothing

Checked it manually: all systems do freeze when some data is entered in FMC

Why was this marked as “completed”?

2 Likes

Thats not what aerosoft said. They said, they are waiting for the hotfix but they dont expect that it will fix the issues the crj encounters. But they will wait anyway. Makes sense to me, but they never expected the hotfix to fix their aircraft. Just to clarify this. Its Mathjis Kok who said this on the crj forum.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/165676-about-the-new-issues-with-the-crj-after-sim-update-5/

4 Likes

Its flyable, just cant close HUD or use any AP for approach

1 Like

Thanks! Maybe I missunderstood this statement earlier today: Sim Update 5 Airspeed Indicator Issue - please read - General Discussion - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

1 Like

Dont know, but I think some forum admin didnt recognize this as being a bug/issue anymore

@Jummivana Can you let us know why this was marked as completed?

1 Like

Because the author (@JoenssonSwe) chose to mark @CaptHicks01’s post as the solution. This has nothing to do with the mods.

The workaround for the HUD works for me. Now to try to complete a successful flight.

2 Likes

Strange, because it was also moved from bugs to another section in forum. Is that also being done automatically?

Gotcha, I missed that. Only saw the notification. If that’s the case, @JoenssonSwe we need you to retract the hud solution so this stays open.

Yes, did that, but still doesnt explain why the topic was moved to another section of the forum at the same time as it was marked as completed.

Good point. Hopefully one of the mods will clarify for us.

1 Like

This was moved into #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft because it’s all about a third party addon. The #bugs-and-issues category is only for core content. That’s just the policy on this forum. That doesn’t mean the team isn’t aware.

Since aerosoft and asobo have a more direct communication they are probably better aware than us users about what’s happening.

Because the #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft category has no voting ability the votes were closed/removed. This triggers an automated system message named completed to let users know they got a vote back in their pool.

For further question send a PM to @moderators. We won’t discuss moderation in public

4 Likes

Thanks, then we know. The important thing is that the issues with the CRJ get fixed asap :slight_smile:
However this statement from the Aerosoft Developer from earlier today makes you wonder: Sim Update 5 Airspeed Indicator Issue - please read - General Discussion - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

While it may well be the case that this is an issue caused by underlying system code, the developers will be the ones who will work with Asobo to rectify the problem. As with all 3rd party add-ons bugs should be reported on their forums. Discussion about the bug is welcome on these forums in the 3rd party section. Lets hope it gets resolved soon

4 Likes

This is a very interesting statement indeed by the project manager at Aerosoft himself: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/165711-bug-topic-in-flight-simulator-forum/&do=findComment&comment=1050812

2 Likes

I am the project manager of this project and while I should be doing more fun things on a Saturday evening, I could not resist. Everybody in this project worked their behinds off to get it done and I get paid to stand in front of them to protect their interests.

The issue is NOT in the add-on but in the core content of the sim. Anybody who comes to the Aerosoft forums will find all the information and details. We were totally unable to prevent this and at this moment can only offer a very uncomfortable work around to solve it. As this forum does not allow PDF uploads, please download that from our forums. See here: Sim Update 5 Airspeed Indicator Issue - please read - General Discussion - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

As it is clear the issue is 100% due to core content, something Asobo will gladly admit, we kindly ask the voting on this topic to be restored and reopened. If needed I ask the moderators to ask Microsoft or Asobo for confirmation, I am sure they will confirm Aerosoft is unable to solve this issue.

We love this sim and know the people coding it love it as well. We have huge respect for them
 But facts are facts. Moving a topic and closing voting about a sim core content is not correct when the issue is not in the add-on but in the core. If the issue was in the add-on it would be solved 36 hours ago.

The fact the rating of this product dropped from a high 4 to a low 2 has nothing to do with the product, but a lot with the sim.

22 Likes

Yikes! @Jummivana @OlieTsubasa443 Can we get some clarification on what’s up here?

3 Likes