The AN-225 should be the next Local Legend

Will likely buy this, even if I never fly it, just to support the project.

3 Likes

Kudos to the MSFS team for getting this together in only one year! Even if it flys like a potato, I will buy it since all of the revenue goes to Antonov in support of creating a second airplane.

I just hope that iniBuilds make it so that the 225 will be able to import flight plans created on the World Map. The reason I don’t fly the A310 is because it doesn’t. I’m on Xbox with a controller and it’s a chore to try and type in a whole flight plan from scratch. Not everyone uses Simbrief.

I just watched the stream. Looks awesome. The question is though about system depth. It sure has a lot of features but how detailed are the instruments and how closely would you be able to follow the real world procedures. Not that it’s a necessity.

Awesome project nevertheless.

1 Like

I strongly suspect the cockpit instruments and switches will all be in Russian, and the flight manuals if you find any, will be in Russian or Ukrainian. Either way a Cyrillic Language - which might make too much system depth tricky for English speakers.

Hello,

as on many other old russia birds, it can have f.ex. 2x standard Garmin systems like 430 (as backup) and can do any procedure then, except RNP/RNAV approaches probably due heavy cfg and rules. In this special case also I expect maybe little bit special procedures due heavy cfg and no ordinary airports t/o and landings. Avionics is +/- compatible with standards to my opinion so no problem fly routes but that special procedures are expected. You can easy find airports where special ground handling is described for special types. I think it is no special case here for classic simmers only for very big reality expected simmers who will strictly use expected procedures and only expected airports what can handle this bird.

It think for ease of use it would not reflect real world procedures entirely - if it does it surely needs some custom assistants as the real aircraft likely does not feature things like a western world FADEC :wink: I mean, you could try to simulate all 4 people which sat on the flight deck to get the thing up and running but I don’t think it’s pretty realistic anyway to do so (as it’s a desktop flight simulator and as we don’t have a native shared cockpit right now which could populate all seats).

For individual instruments I think it will be in a depth as good as possible (Xbox might be a limiting factor due to how complex the real aircraft was).

First of all take a look at the stream (Twitch AN-225 part starting at 1h 9min) :wink: you will find out that iniBuilds provides both English and Russian text on all switches as an option as well as tooltips in English on every switch.

Secondly there is a chance Englisch documents exist as the AN-225 just like the smaller sister AN-124 was flown and maintained by international crews also in the western world, not just Ukrainians or Russians.

1 Like

it’s Inibuilds, I highly doubt it’ll be anything short of amazing with the flight model and all. They worked on it with Antonov and one of the actual pilots giving advice/opinions on it so I think we can expect it to be as close to the real thing as possible!

2 Likes

There is a Tupolev 154 addon for X-Plane where the developer added an option that translates all the switches and instruments words to English, so I already imagined that iniBuilds would adopt a similar solution.

During the dev livestream yesterday, iniBuilds stated the instruments will be in Russian by default but there will be an option to replace them with English instruments.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

3 Likes

Inibuilds is doing an excellent job in this sim.
The A310 was nothing short of amazing, if this one is half as good I won’t stop flying it in VATSIM/IVAO until the end of days.

2 Likes

This would be nice to fly with shared cockpit

No one want to be flight engineer :smiley:

I’ve never imagine that Mrija could be part of road map as in sim product.

No you may be right although there are so many mechanics and hydraulics, someone has to watch these.
But the fun of flying together, maybe asobo grabs the opportunity and introduce a way of making communication possible with this majestic airplane, that will roam the virtual skies seems like a lot of fun. One may hope.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Fascinating and very informative documentary! Thanks for sharing

Fulfilled 27-Feb-2023 on Marketplace.

2 Likes