The annoying turning white circle on the bottom right is back

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

The turning white circle on the bottom right side is back again and showing up every 20 sec or so.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just fly for some time.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you mean this?

If so, that is just the game saving.

They dealt with it in previous patches and it wasnt showing during flight. Or very rarely during flight. Now its every few seconds again.

5 Likes

I concur with the above, mid-flight and getting the spinning white circle for no apparent reason.

3 Likes

What about performance?

You mean in general or when it appears?

When it appears I honestly don’t notice a freeze or stutter but i need to test more.

In general i feel it somewhat better.

3 Likes

Yes I don’t think I’ve ever seen the circle mid-flight before.

I wonder if it’s caused by this (from release notes):

“All participants in the Sim Update 14 Beta will be connected to the US-East server—this is intentional. Due to this, depending on your region, you may notice some latency issues in multiplayer modes (ex. Reno).”

I’m UK based so would not usually use a server in the US.

ETA: hmm maybe not - I came across this post from moderator Seedy in another thread

“The server selection only affects which other players you see in multiplayer mode and latency if you’re flying in formation with them (e.g. planes appearing to jump around due to network lag). It doesn’t impact performance.

Thanks,
MSFS Team”

Stutters are significantly more for me on PC! Very bad, going back to like SU12 or something! And the whole issue of bad stutters when you return to an airport and AI planes not showing up is still present! At this point, I don’t think some of the major issues will ever get fixed with MSFS 2020! We shall see what MSFS 2024 brings…

Yes

I have not tested this in flight yet but I do see the turning circle now more often then not :slight_smile:

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

N/A

1 Like

My understanding is, that the circle indicates that data is sent to or retrieved from the server.

Usually you are connected to the nearest server / the one with lowest latency. SU14 beta is now forcing every participant to connect to the same server (USA East) that is on one side causing a higher latency because the server might be further away, on the other side the server might face more load causing even more latency.

And this slower connection can cause longer loading times, resulting in the circle and stutters.

1 Like

Interestingly I do not notice any stutters or performance degradation just the sign of “something happening”. While it’s true I cannot exactly say what triggers the appearance of it I doubt it’s simple data transfer like downloading new tiles as in this case it should have appeared earlier too during flights - but as far as I recall it was only shown up when the engine has been stopped. Also it’s lot less frequent flying a drone camera with similar or even faster speeds in the same area so it might show some other network traffic to the servers.

1 Like

This is the “saving data, don’t turn off your console/PC” indicator that many/most console games have. The indicator commonly turns on at the end of a flight because turning off the engine & avionics triggers saving to the flight log.

I’m not sure what might be causing it to trigger during a flight, but it shouldn’t by itself cause any performance issues – it’s just a spinning icon – but it might be being shown because something else is going on saving/loading data.

2 Likes

It might be downloading bing data during flight.
Or, if you have local cache on, save that.

Yes

Annoying spinning circle driving me crazy!

1 Like

It must be downloading BING data to provide the scenery so it was the case before this beta too without this notification.
I don’t use rolling cache (or in fact any scenery cache) so it’s clearly something new that was added and not bound to basic functions. If it was only BING data it’d appear with drone camera too with the same frequency but it’s a lot less frequent in that case - so it seems to be also connected to flying a plane, not just loading in the scenery.
I assume it’s more “cloud data transfer” related sign, like saving your flight / plane status to the cloud but in this case it’s something new and the sign should be removed to be shown all times during the flight. Not an issue once at the start and at the end but it’s if it comes up in every 2-4 secs.

I would guess it’s the beta telemetry information that they are sending over to further analyze the beta changes and performance… probably more than the previous betas, but just an educated guess here, no “proofs”…

1 Like

Yes telemetry is possible and it’s my assumption too. It’s fine if we know that it’ll be part of the beta to collect more data. Just add a note to the release notes that we can expect it and this thread would never happen. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes

same

Are you using DLSS?

no

N

Yes

Same as OP

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

Yes

Yes

Shows up randomly during flights, performance seems unaffected.

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

NO