The best "fix" for MSFS is "honesty"

True but this is gaming in 2020 lol. Shareholders want their return on investment asap and theres a disconnect with the public

Ever play falcon4 on release? So many promises not delivered.

Perfected and brought to fruition by the benchmark sim team 20 years after release.

Advertising is meant to demonstrate/hype a product. It is up to the individual consumer to decide whether they buy into it or not.

I’m sure people don’t actually think a truck could handle an airliner nose wheel landing on it in real world applications right? (Actual advertisement, Google it)

If you bought the sim buying into 100% of what was shown in an advertisement then that is on you.

That being said, yes it needs work and enough bought into the hype to continue financing the project (whole point of advertising/marketing). It will improve. What did you expect? Oh our game is ■■■■, wait 6 months to buy it? Cmon man let’s be real.

There is a fine line when exaggerating in advertising.

If for example you made an advertisement where somebody sits on the boxed version of MSFS, and then flies away into the blue skies sitting on top of the box as if it was a magic carpet…
That would be OK as advertisement in most countries since it is clearly an exaggeration,
without a reasonable danger that customers would think they can actually do this.

But if you advertise incorrectly in a way that can mislead the potential customer into thinking the product can do something that it can not, this is a different matter altogether…

I paid 119$ x2 because they refused to refund me on the xbox platform version because they LOCKED the files I needed to FIX the screwups adding a joystick cfg file…so I had to buy it on steam to get access so I’ll complan if I want I can’t even use it now since the update it CTD soon as i try to make a flight…I also noticed non of the files it said it updated actualy did…in the main menu it says avalable to download but it was supposed to be already done…Japain is greyed out and when I try to update via that menu CTD as well…so Its broke beyone broke and I am not happy. it was working fine before this ■■■■ patch.

1 Like

Man this is spot on!!! I feel exactly the same way about how this was all released. It will be great one day. It’s just not there yet.

1 Like

You might want to look at IOBit Unlocker then…

I didnt know about that then the Steam version the files are not locked

Well, it’s fixed!

A summary of my issue for those that missed it…

On August 19th, I purchased the Microsoft Fight Simulator 2020 (Premier Edition) and up to this stage, I have survived Microsoft’s various updates, which they gave me no option but to accept. What a stupid delivery system.

My luck ran out on September 29th when they released the Japan update version number v1.9.3.0. The software updated and my version number shows (when in windows mode) version 1.9.3.0 in the top left corner. After that version installed and updated my previous version (which I didn’t want in the first place), when I restarted FS2020, the program now doesn’t load past the phrase "Touch Any Key to Continue”.

It arrives at the first "Touch Any Key to Continue” screen showing a nice picture of Mount Fuji. I touch a key and the screen goes black, but "Touch Any Key to Continue” phrase remains. I touch another key in response, but nothing else happens except I can see the light flash on my SSD as if it’s trying to something. Task Manager shows looping CPU activity, but it is obviously stuck loading. Thank you Microsoft for breaking my FS2020 which you decided to force me to update.

Either by incompetence or stupidity, Mircosoft released this new 1.9.3.0 patch without telling anyone that a MANDATORY prerequisite on a PC for the product to continue to work would be needing to download and instal XBOX for the PC! :open_mouth:

Yes, that’s right … never needed up until the 1.9.3.0 patch to run FS2020, but now the program crashes as I described above if it’s NOT installed. Obviously aware of this, but keeping MS’s secret Zendesk sent me this …

Before doing anything else:

Download & Install the Xbox app from this page: Xbox Game Pass for PC | Xbox

Reboot your computer

If the problem persists:
(Re) Install Xbox Identity Provider from here: https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/p/xbox-identity-provider/9wzdncrd1hkw

I don’t even own or use an XBOX, but I did just the first step and FS2020 loaded, updated 95 Gb, and told me to download the Japan scenery(1.5 Gb) from the marketplace if I wanted it. :thinking:

I hope this helps some other poor soul who’s spent days wandering in the wilderness. I don’t know who’s running this Microsoft SH$$ show of a delivery and update system, but they should be taken out to the woodshed and counseled about their competency.

1 Like

I remember (as SW developer for 28 years) one of that similar Veteran Company from real life :smiley:

They named self like that but after some important people leaved that Company. Then all named that company also Veterans but with other feel :smiley:

!!! This is absolutely nonsense heh, sry for that your situation!!!

I am being very patient with this. I have complained (and been accused of being a “troll” and “whiner” on other threads :slight_smile: because I am so disappointed but I watched the dev video and have more confidence that it will get there, eventually.
HOWEVER, I am annoyed at today’s Development Update because it is advertising a bunch of new products in the Marketplace, while so many serious bugs still exist that would prevent most users from fully enjoying them!. How can they continue to sell add-ons when the core sim works so poorly? It is a bit insulting.

2 Likes

The development update has almost no value. If the q&a was a 8 in a 1-10 scale in insight value and honesty, the dev update is a 1

1 Like

Thanks Doug did you what you said Flying well now Thanks

1 Like

Perfect discovering and thoughts :slight_smile:

Do now your results again what is true and if they lies :wink:

But come on we’ll get it fixed in the next couple of years just dont drive until then and you’ll be fine.

Some people are just nuts these days they pay full price for a barley beta and are satisfied with this even though it was relased as a finished working product.

If you do a 1/2 ■■■■■ job at work doesnt your boss come and yell at you (or at least a stern talk) and even maybe fire you. Dont your customers say screw this and go find another product that meets their need, of course they do or at least they used to.

2 Likes

Since the 1.9.3 patch, ASOBO has been quiet, while the forums mods try to put out the flames. The FS community is torn now as they vent more of their frustrations. The game has promise, but currently the developer isn’t doing enough. I recently left a one star review of the game on the MS Store as it the only thing left to get their attention and bring to focus what they need to do in repairing their mistakes and fix the bugs first, before adding enhancements and add-ons. No one is going to buy a broken game. ASOBO needs to set their focus on damage repair that they inflicted on themselves, and make things right. I’m hopeful for the game, but currently disappointed in the efforts by the devs.

2 Likes

I agree entirely with the comments of WareagleX16 (Except that I can only speak for myself). I have a busy life but like to spend some of my valuable spare time simming. I also am a relatively honest and trusting person.

I bought MSFS because of the Hype (read: exaggerations based on what might be rather than what is). I paid good money believing that I was buying a product that had gone past beta. I did not expect to be given an early access product, although I can quiet understand why some people might want such.

No doubt MSFS will become a world beating product one day, but I feel that I was conned into buying it before it was ready for my needs. I feel that MS and Asobo were ‘economical with the truth’ with me.

2 Likes

I believe there is perception problem between what they are doing right now and what the community is experiencing. I’ve no doubt they are working around the clock correcting bugs but the problem might be these corrections are not of the “visible” type.

Therefore it looks like they are not making the corrections most are expecting which is revolving around “visuals” mostly (I’m asserting this given the longest discussions I’ve encountered on the forum are about LOD and texture resolution).

Other corrections are more “internal” and are pertaining to systems and game logic and for these, besides they are not so much visible in the end (except for some glaring bugs which are affecting the flying outcome like flight model and navigation) it takes more time usually because any change might have ripple effects and must be carefully implemented and validated.

In the end there are just so many hours a day and so many days a month you can’t address everything at once. Some will certainly argue the simulator shouldn’t have been released so early so that there wouldn’t be so much ‘bugs’ to correct to get started and this might be true. However having the product released early (per the community opinion but released in time per Microsoft plans for this product obviously) is giving a chance to gauge some of the community preferences at large beyond the insider group alpha/beta testing.

I agree though it would be best the communicate more clearly and more often about what it is they are prioritizing so that we understand they are recognizing our voices when there is something obviously reported by thousands of customers and we envision they are considering fixing it, if not in the next update at least in a subsequent one.

I believe it will sooth the community a little if only we’d read something like:

“We ear you and we’ve noted you are massively telling us there is a regression in the graphics, we’ve assigned a team investigating what is going on and even if per our point of view there is no bug or voluntary nerfing change, we’re also aware this is an important part of your simming experience and we’ll try our best adding more options for you in order to buff the graphics”.

1 Like

This is pure speculation on my part but knowing how this industry tends to work, I imagine MS forced this release to keep on schedule with marketing plans and other such corporate activities. I’m willing to give benefit of the the doubt to Asobo that if it were up to them, the release MSFS would have been delayed.

I really don’t see things settling in terms of bugs for a while yet, on top of releasing too soon, there’s the added pressures of developing for VR and XBox. It’s happened time and time again in the wider gaming and software industries, where unready products get pushed out the door to satisfy corporate demands, resulting in ■■■■■■ off customers and overworked developers.

I do hope Asobo staff are not being crunched, not just for their welfare but also because that would be counterproductive to the flight sim.

Yearly global death rate 7.7 per 1000 people, for U.S. 8.3 (◔‿◔)

Xbox gamepass in russia cost ~25$ per 3 months that gives us roughly 1000$ per 10 years without local inflation that doubles costs each 6 years