The dolphin dance is back in 1.9.3.0 (pitch oscillations)

Incredibly disappointing that it’s not addressed in update 4, it’s surely more important than a few tall buildings.

Can only really blame users for not giving this issue more votes I suppose. Seems that tall buildings are more of an issue for people… ???

6 Likes

Trim is definitely going nuts with AP on, I switch it off then retrim and switch it back on, gets rid of it… for a while anyway

1 Like

Still not solved :-

OK, I’ve just spent some considerable time reading through this topic numerous times, and then prudently, it struck me, exactly what ASOBO need to do to fix this issue.

Ignoring all the posts about “This is what you should do”, orr 'This is how it is designed, from those who have NO Idea what the Asobo designers really had in mind", it is so clear what the answer is, and it really is so simple.

Its not a question of using an alternative ESC pause method, or anything to do with LIVE, weather, Multiplayer, the real world, time etc.

This is what you NEED to do, and what ASOBO need to do to address this matter, and it is so simple, I am amazed that nobody has figured it out and posted the solution.

It does not matter if you are a gamer, or a Simmer, this will work for everyone.

I don’t need to tell you “what you should do”, or lay the blame at ASOBO … both are totally irrelevant and do not provide the solution.

The ironic thing is that the solution has been there all the time, right under our eyes, but nobody yet has figured it out.

This solution address all the concerns that so many have, and will work no matter what planes or additional items you have in your community folder.

As I said earlier, I spent a lot of time reading through all the posts in this Topic, and despite so many diversion, and “words of wisdom” from so many, the solution is so obvious, that it has been starting everyone in the face.

The solution is to …

OH look, there goes a Squirrel …

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t feel making jokes even we should. ASOBO/MS has given us a really good new simulator and Im sure it will be the platform for the next years. I believe at last the main issues - also the dolphin efx will be solved by ASOBO or the community. So I will try to pay patience and give them time to fix it. Today the simulator is good for VFR . I always enjoy it to see some parts of the world Ive been long time ago and can really see it like is is in the real world. Even some friends of mine which never “play” FS are now interested because the can see their own houses and homes. Flying by ATC is a little like try and error. Today I did fly from Hamburg to Dublin (with the moded A320NX ) but suddenly one display failed. But I dont know if its fault of ASOBO or Ive got something failed in my “community” folder :wink:

We should be careful to judge ASOBO to early. But I see that IFR / Jets are not as good as the smaller probs - but of cause they are more complex.

But remember: FS 2004 and FSX never got this amount and quality when they released them and there were also some things that has to be fixed. And we needed a lot of add ons to make it as good as the raw FS2020 is from the beginning.

It s only a little sad that some issues may getting worse since latest patch. So I will wait for some add on aircrafts, which may have a better quality then the default ones.

The same issue here. This is a shame …

1 Like

FS 2004 and FSX did have better quality when it came to the aircrafts’ systems and their performance. Compared to X-Plane, MSFS is on par with something like Grand Theft Auto!

The absolute only thing this GAME has going for it is the graphics, which many simmers only think of as a cool side benefit. We want proper aircraft! Not study level but just regular working aircraft like previous releases have had! The more and more time goes by and not not getting much of anything at all in terms of fixed aircraft is just becoming a slap to the face for the simmers who expected much better. We were all misled and lied to by Microsobo and if you don’t think that’s the case, you are part of the problem.

Glad I didn’t spend a penny on this game. If I had I would be a lot more upset. I feel really bad for those who spent the dough on the premium deluxe. What exactly did you get for the extra money. A bow tied around a piece of dog poo? Really really sad.

3 Likes

I have no problem spending $60 - $120 on MSFS, NOW, and then waiting for it to get fixed.
Getting a preview of what is yet to come is great.

Who I do feel sorry for, (no, not really !!) are those that rushed out to buy new, expensive, state -of-the art gaming machine for $3000-$4000 specifically to run MSFS, only to find that while they run fast, the game crashes so easily, and has so many other issues that make it not justify that major investment on hardware (at this present time)

The reality may be that by the time MSFS is anywhere near it’s potential, and what was promoted, that “state-of-the-art” hardware will be obsolete, and then, the new current “State-of-the-art” Hardware will be both Faster & Less Costly.

Cracks me that, that it always seem to be the ones boasting about having with the big, fancy, fast High End Gaming Monsters, and all the fancy additional Aircraft specific hardware, that seem to be the ones complaining the most about having spent $60 on the software !!!

1 Like

Thats your opinion and are perfectly entitled to it but it is pretty sad you could care less about simmers who spent thousands of dollars in order to have the best experience possible and ended up regretting it. They bought their equipment on assumptions they made based on advertising made by Microsoft. Now you can argue whether or not they were right by rushing out and not waiting for reviews or whatever else but that doesn’t absolve Microsoft’s responsibility on not delivery what they promised.

Now I didnt intend on turning this thread into another one of those threads bashing Microsobo so we can just leave it at that but personally I am happy that I spent exactly $0 on anything Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 related.

2 Likes

Same here, tried a lot, “died” a lot :grimacing:
…the “Ride” starts always during different conditions, randomly…
Managed to fix it once: Activated active pause during the Dolphin ride & de-re-activated AP, and changed Baro settings… but i guess this was just pure coincidence, since it helped only once…
Oh and no other tips from other threads helped… really tried everything, but FS is unplayable right know, at least Premium content in combination with AP

Very very frustrating when patches/updates break so much stuff that was working (kind of) perfectly fine before (I know that this stuff is all complex matter since I’m from the industry myself,… but still: I don’t want to be the unpayed Beta-Tester! …Would love to know how many people and different system-configs are actually involved before they release the updates/patches…)

BTW: Automatic Updates are no good right now! :grimacing:

2 Likes

AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING job. Can’t even fly.

1 Like

Who made that Snoop Dogg video? This is gold!

17 Likes

Classic!:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

loool :joy: :joy: :neutral_face: :expressionless: :disappointed_relieved:

The “MONEY SHOT” would have been to have shown how the AP was adjusting the Elevator Trim.

Please tell me this is an April fools joke.

I wish I could…

Just saw this in the release notes for patch 1.9.5.0, which just came out :partying_face:
Time to test it out!

EDIT: It’s still an issue. I made a new thread as requested here: 1.9.5.0 - autopilot dolphin dance (oscillations) still an issue

1 Like

Thanks @DesertWolf1557. Marking this one as closed, to avoid any confusion with feedback on the new version. If there are any issues with version 1.9.5.0, please post a new topic including specifics, such as what altitude, what airspeed, what autopilot mode, etc. (along with the version number).

4 Likes