The (glorious) future of scenery development is here?

Dear friends, take a look at this vid on YT…

Blender Earth Modeler Add-on | 3D Google Earth (City/Terrain) inside Blender - YouTube :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks good, but it’s Google so we will never benefit from it in MSfs natively.

Exactly as Blueline308 said.

Typically, just mentioning them gets the thread closed. I understand why, direct competition (not in terms of flight sim, but other aspects that tie in).

Imagine the level of world detailing / modeling that could be achieved if they joined forces though?

2 Likes

I know its from Google but the same kind (or even better) of technology might be developed by the MSFS devs too.
I just wanted to share this, nothing more nothing less…

1 Like

Looks like a pretty good advance on what we currently have. I wonder if MS will develop their own version in due course, though it seems a bit daft when it could be possible to collaborate and share resources and development if both parties had the will to do so.

1 Like

Hello there, Thank you for your post!
Your topic has been moved to the “Tech Talk” subcategory of “General Discussion & Community Support”.
Tech Talk is the sub-category meant for simmers to discuss, ask or answer any questions related to sim installation, performance, crashes (CTDs), graphics and optimization, hardware, peripherals, community folder/add-ons, and anything that falls under the umbrella of “running the sim”.
It is open for both 1st party (base sim) content as well as 3rd party content,

The General Discussion category where you originally posted is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.