The IndiaFoxTecho F-35 Lightning II. My thoughts

So, I caved and bought the IndiaFoxTecho F-35 Lightning II pack on Xbox.

I’m…mixed on it.

Admittedly, starting from Cold & Dark is pretty…cool. Different enough from your typical C&D, yet I actually had to watch a tutorial in how to do it. I don’t like to do it the lazy way and hit the auto-start (so much so that I completely unmapped it from my HOTAS One).

The Hover Mode feels like it could use some work. Not as godawful as the Pelican, but maybe I was expecting it to hover like a helicopter. It’s still pretty enjoyable, though.

Lastly, the Afterburner audio sounds too…artificial. Should it not be like the F-18? “Quiet in the front, party in the back”? Love flying the Darkstar and F-18 because of that afterburner “BOOM” when swinging the external camera around.
The F-35 doesn’t do that and it’s afterburner is extremely loud.

The flight model does feel a bit stiff as well.

Other than that, the interior is nice and easy to navigate, love the touchscreen, and overall, it’s my 3rd payware plane and most expensive I’ve bought thus far.

Side note: Other players aren’t showing up despite apparently using the F-35 as well. I was using the B model, the pack comes with A, B and C models. Do they have to be flying the exact variant for them to show?

In closing, not a horrible deal, worth $30 but does still need some updates, in my opinion.

Happy flying, Pilots!

1 Like

My biggest gripe is still FBW (auto-trim), the last patch didn’t really fix it but they know it. This post is prolly gonna end up in addons.

Do you actually know how a helicopter hovers?

I have some RL hours on the R44, and the instructor never let me try it myself anywhere close to the ground - too difficult for a beginner, he said…

It can hover like a helicopter press hover on the PCD after you have pressed the Hook/STOVL button

I’m really enjoying the F35 especially the B variant just really hoping they improve the sound especially in multiplayer

I think thats just ultra modern FBW fighter jets for you. In real life these jets all have a reputation for not having much character to fly. They fly themselves to a certain extent.

I read a comment on the Facebook that they (IFE) haven’t figured the coding to the flight model and admitted that it needed work. Something about over stressing the aircraft incorrectly. The f35 should have a turn radius like the F16 and F18 which this is nowhere near. Awesome plane though. I love how much detail is in it. It will be fantastic when it’s sorted out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.