The marketplace desperatly needs quality control ASAP

I actually think it is the buyer’s responsibility to inform himself before making a purchase.
There are tons of websites and youtube channels making reviews of every single product out there.

If you buy something that does not work that is your fault, as a responsible adult you should have checked the reviews before.

10 Likes

How many of those things are linked into a game you play?

I understand I need to make due diligence buying a product but rarely have I no recourse after purchase.

Yea, your nephew would have been fine if you just set it to easy, buying a terrible plane isn’t a need.

1 Like

I agree a 2 or 3 days refund policy should be put in place, but by no means I consider Asobo responsible for curating the marketplace, unless there is malware of course.

I couldn’t agree more. Adding a required QC layer would slow an already inadequate system, and people would surely complain about further delays.

With that said, there are a few changes that should be made to the current marketplace:

1. Reactive moderation/quality control - Have a clear set of expectations for official partners. Make these expectations public for developers, would-be developers and consumers.

Provide a Report this Product option for each page so that verified owners can report products that violate this standard.

Once a report (or a number of reports) is received, someone from the marketplace team should investigate, and if upheld, an obligation should be enforced on the developer to fix it. Failure to comply should result in a product suspension until the issue is fixed, and repeat offences should result in partnership termination.

2. Allow verified owners to leave feedback on a product in a similar fashion to Google Play. A rating with a reason as this provides useful information to developers and would-be customers. Allow developers to reply to those comments so they can chase up potential issues

3. Display a developer rating, which should be an average of their ratings across all products

Microsoft had stated they want the market to be ‘buyers beware’, but they haven’t really provided a function for that, these changes would do that.

Oh and finally, they need to automate product updates. Let a developer update a product or product page without human intervention, that way if something breaks a product, it can be fixed within 24 hours.

12 Likes

good Morning,

unfortunately I also noticed that. at the latest when “breko3d” was found in the store. When I look at the store, I now think that I ended up at Simmarket. because there you can buy any scrap for a lot of money.

think it’s a shame that quality is no longer in the foreground in the store! Regardless of whether it is “Eurofighter” or “737max”, they simply have no place in the store. if only because it is not a real implementation of various aircraft.

2 Likes

You have literally asked two things conflicting with each other.

I agree with the rest of your post, but this I can tell you likely will never happen. There are all kinds of security and compliance concerns that prevent that. It’s the same on console marketplaces. Every update to all products on PSN, Nintendo eShop, Xbox store, and so forth (and now this will be on Xbox as well) requires certification to make sure that it doesn’t break the system itself and doesn’t introduce security issues. I honestly don’t think any marketplace owner linked to a platform will ever allow updates without certification. At least, I’ve never seen it happen.

1 Like

Okay, let me move the goal posts slightly then :slight_smile:

Heavily automate the update ingestion process, lots of those tests can be automated, and should be. They may still require a user to manually verify a few things and click ‘accept’, but a better workflow would still speed things up, A LOT.

agree :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure if anything of that already happens, but I have a feeling that add-ons go through the same certification process that anything else on the Xbox and Windows store does.

Ultimately, that’s not something the developers of MSFS can decide on their own. Those are likely standardized processes across the whole company.

Of course, we can’t know for sure, but I have a strong feeling that’s the case.

I suspect you are right.

The design and policy issues with the marketplace almost certainly stem from MS employees, not Asobo.

It’s sad to say, but the MS cut of a rubbish £25 plane, is the same cut as a great £25 plane.

Why stop people making a quick bulk out of this, if you don’t like it, don’t buy it.
People using xbox need planes that are cheap, not detailed.

It also needs a refund system.

Without that I won’t return as a customer to that place.

I spend my money directly with developer’s websites and sometimes at simmarket. Much happier doing so.

1 Like

How do you know you won’t like it till you do buy it?

Digital products, from any developer, have long been difficult to refund because who knows if it’s actually been removed. But if the MSFS update process can verify its core files, then i can’t see why it couldn’t do that with Marketplace purchases. If the update finds a payware product that Marketplace refunded, then the update removes it.

Probably far more complex than it seems on paper though. :roll_eyes:

It works on Steam and on Xbox with games.
I also had even movies on Amazon Prime Video refunded.
DCS world has a 14 day trial period for all addons now.

If MS isn’t able to build a refund or trial system into this, then they need to hire a capable programmer.

2 Likes

always watch reviews first, its simple.
gamers should get rid of that buy asap mentality.

2 Likes

Indeed. The last game I pre-ordered was Egosofts abysmal Rebirth. Never again.

Sorry to break this to you guys, but much like television, people LOVE rubbish.

An example. For all the (rightful) criticism Captainsim received for their 777 products, I don’t think I’ve seen so many liveries made so quickly for any add-on airliner on flightsim.to (amongst others) - and the high number of downloads on each of those liveries already, just goes to show how popular this product actually is.

Clearly poor addons like these target a specific audience (inexplicable as it may seem) and for that reason, the marketplace is very unlikely to change from the way it is now.

3 Likes