The mighty Vulcan is out for MSFS from Just flight

See the Just Flight Facebook page for further info.

3 Likes

After the Tomahawk I hope!

2 Likes

It’s already out, £39.99 - oops, not on msfs though. Does give you an idea of the expected price I suppose.

Not quite

So here’s something new and exciting for MSFS, something we’ve hinted at and something we’ve been working on for a while now.

Our lead artist has been busy working on extensive upgrades to our iconic Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2, K.2 and MRR, bringing it up to the very latest MSFS standards and taking advantage of everything a modern simulator offers us. The results shown here, we hope you agree, are simply stunning, from the incredible model and texture detail that’s now possible, to the subtle fuselage surface reflections and imperfections.

We’ve just commenced the long testing process, with a basic flight model and primary aircraft systems at this stage, so there’s plenty of work left to do, but we’re very excited by what’s been achieved so far. We’re currently focused on the F28, RJ and Tomahawk but we’ll share more news on the Vulcan in the coming months.

Looking forward to seeing the Vulcan, one of my all time favourites.

Go well with my mouse mat!

4 Likes

Good news.

I bought this for Xplane 11 and the engine sounds in that version were awesome.

The Xplane11 version though, whilst very good, was far from so called ‘study level’.

I’m very much hoping that the FS2020 version is a much more high fidelity product even if it costs more than the Xplane 11 version.

1 Like

He is referring to the Tomahawk.

They used to have a squadron of Vulcans at Offutt AFB (Nebraska) a long time ago. Impressive to watch, especially if they did aero braking during the landing. Tracking this!
Regards

Exciting choice of an airplane!

I loved this in MSFS. It is very hard to make this plane study level, it has a basic AP and little is known about it or not many people left around I am not sure, but JF did it well in FSX anyway. In any case it was a joy to fly.

Without causing any offence to anybody the vulcan bombers embarked on one of if not the longest ever bombing missions without stopping. I recreated this flight in MSFS, no I did not pretend to bomb anything I just flew to Black Buck turned and burned, I was a wreck afterwards lol, I just refueled through the menu in FSX.

A great documentary on the Vulcan, being from the UK I wish not to cause any offence to my Argentinian friends and fellow simmers, I am just discussing the History of the plane, not war or the reasons behind it or the outcome, war is horrid in every form for every side.

8 Likes

The pictures released by JustFlight for those without Facebook

17 Likes

Unless you have a copilot and two navigators (you can probably forego the air electronics officer) sitting with you at your desk, you probably don’t want a true study-level Vulcan. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Have seen the Vulcan in real life at the Goodwood Revival one year, she’s an astonishing beast… looking at those little thrusters sticking out the back it doesn’t look impressive on a body thát big of a triangle as she gently moves through the air above the Goodwood Estate… untill she does her up-up-and-away manouvre over the parkinglot at full thrust… what a machine with a phenominal sound and such grace.
To have her in the MSFS library would be awsome. And from Just Flight, that’d be an insta-buy from me.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but without a nuclear payload this is a no go for me. /S :wink:

3 Likes

Of course one option (note, “option”) might be for the nav fit used when XH558 was on the display circuit with 3 crew instead of 5 with GPS support. It is no use pretending that this is going to be near study level unless you have 4 others that are boned up on the beast as has been already said. I could quite fancy it being used with my standalone GTN750XI though :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s happened to the Tomahawk ? We’ve heard nothing for months !

Excellent, time to dust off my Logitech speakers and sub woofer. RIP neighbours.

2 Likes

Should be good. If the jet engine audio is anything like the Hawk it should seriously annoy your neighbours.

1 Like

Might be a good time to double check the house foundations too and reinforce the floor boards :rofl:

1 Like

For anyone unfamiliar:

7 Likes