The Most Annoying Thing In VR For You Is? (Complaint)

I never knew the ESC key would fix this…I feel like a bloody fool now, thank you!

1 Like

#1? Face it, VR looks like ■■■■! No need to go into details here, just run a 2D panel to see what you’re missing out on…but, oh wait, what happened to the 3D immersion?

Guess I’ll stick with VR, warts and all. BTW, I 100% knew this was coming when I got my G2 for my 3080 ti. Still shocks me though everytime I see that blissfully crisp 2D panel… :frowning:

1 Like

I agree, that 3D is mind-blowing but as you say, it does look like ■■■■! I was very disappointed at not being able to read gauges any more so now i just use VR occasionally for the thrill.

Assuming you mean the fact that interacting with some UI elements, such as completing a checklist, will reset your view back to the default location. I highly recommend customizing that default location for planes you use frequently. It’s in each planes “cameras.cfg” file.

There will be a bunch of [CAMERADEFINITION.#] groups for the different camera views and one of them will have the title “PilotVR” within which you will need to edit the “InitialXyz =” field with new coordinates. The 3 different coords (X, Y, Z) correspond to side-to-side, height, front-to-back. AFAIK you have to restart the game for these changes to take effect, and it will take some experimenting, but IMO it’s worth the trouble.

NO i mean the yoke, it snaps back into center the moment I let it go… one of the worst things IMO, and the throttle control is just as bad. asbo has been a complete letdown with controller support. should have followed -planes idea…its perfect

1 Like

I heard that too. Eventually, I am going to break the bank and get the Varjo Aero.

Did they state why they did so? I thought the G2 was rather successful.

No, wasn’t anything official i saw, just read it somewhere. I believe WMR in general is basically dead.

Oh but it really has!

Here’s an article suggesting the EOL of HP’s VR products. As for WMR being dead, consider that the author of the OpenXR Toolkit is a MS developer working on the WMR project. I’ve read no mention by him that WMR is dead. Perhaps people are a bit spun up about WMR because MS has abandoned its HoloLens augmented reality glasses.

I’ve read that the cause could be a vram leak or processes running in the background

1 Like

I saw that rumour start on Reddit - that article has a response from HP that they are continuing to work on XR (aka VR) yet people still want to put their faith in the random Reddit user. People were even pointing to the current sale (low price in US HP store) saying it was evidence that they are clearing out stock. Oddly no one could explain how the 15% price increase in the UK tied in with that…

3 Likes

I had it too, tried latest drivers but no luck. But: with Nvidia older driver (sic) 517.48 all is well again. And I tested it : uninstalled 517.48 and reinstalled latest driver and then back to 517.48: with the old driver all is well, with the newest drivers: not well. But I suppose you need the latest drivers for the 4090 (?).

Nice FPS, but how does this video show that there’s no shimmering in VR with DLSS? There definitely is and multiple posts have been made about it.

Fair enough, all I heard was rumors too!

I heard that it was because of expected competition. I think they expected the Meta Pro and Apple devices to be devices they can’t compete with.

I guess I don’t complain much because most devs don’t support VR at all. Look at how Frontier made zero effort to support VR with their Odyssey update. Initially, there was no VR support planned for MSFS.

I’m amazed at the pace at which Asobo delivers updates and how they continue to deliver free updates. That makes it challenging to work on VR issues because as we’ve seen future updates can then break your VR fixes.

I believe they’ll eventually fix these issues.

1 Like

You need to try a gen 2 headset. I can read everything on the Reverb G2. You also need a 3080+ to push the G2 to its full resolution. It’s no longer a VR limitation. Now it’s just about the hardware you use.

When I was flying yesterday I was genuinely awestruck by the beauty. It’s worth every penny for the video card and hmd. This is flight simming, it’s an expensive hobby. Not as expensive as some hobbies. Car guys spend tens of thousands on car mods. A good direct drive racing wheel can cost $1500 then add the rig etc can get you to $5k. I’ve seen $10K rigs. Home Theater is an expensive hobby with $4K+ projectors. Just tell the wife it’s your hobby.

1 Like

Do you use the grab toggle setting in the VR options? This was essential for me.

Oddly I did have the G2 headset and a 3080ti/i12900k setup. The gauges were readable if i lent in a fair bit but not from normal position.

I have since returned the headset and changed to a triple monitor setup with touch panel instruments - this is much more like it, the only thing missing is the 3d effect although having almost wraparound screens is still enough to cause a stomach churn when you do a hard bank or roll :slight_smile:

2 Likes