The MSFS - House of Cards

I love that the mods hide my posts of frustration when I can’t even fly the Longitude correctly with dolphin dancing… but lets post maggot videos and meat. hahahahahaha

makes my day.

1 Like

I guess the OP of a thread gets a break :slight_smile:

A little light hearted Humour does not come unwelcome amidst all the anger and frustration shown elsewhere on this MSFS forum .

Not everything has to be taken so seriously, especially a “Computer Game”.
In a world where there are so many other way more important things to need to be serious about, a break from those stresses is welcome.

2 Likes

But the simulation is our refuge from this sick world. Its very serious. Having a CTD after flying for 6 hours, just before landing, is reason enough to start a bloody War.

2 Likes

What bothers me the most is the constant emphasis on scenery and releasing “world updates” on a beta software. I have been an alpha tester from the very beginning. Cannot comment on that, but as things have evolved from release, I am having serious doubts on the developer’s knowledge of airplanes, flight systems and the needs of flight simmers. I couldn’t care less about the “base” they are promoting, it is not good enough of a base for me. I need a sim connect spurting all the vars of all systems, including g1000 and g3x, that is “base”, not Mount Fuji

1 Like

Sure is looking that way … the more the cover is removed, the more it is looking like
MS Flight 2020 .(on Scenery Steroids) . which will be a major let down for simmers.

Gamers will just move on to the next variant of “Call of Duty”, or whatever the current Trending Games is. (Yes, I admit, I am clueless about these games)

Agree 100%.
I AM hopeful after hearing the discussion with the devs, but that depends on what Rothas2k and others are wondering- whether ASOBO, even with good intentions, has the right people to fully implement all the “flight-sim-specific” aspects, i.e. functions that aren’t common to all games (like graphics are).
Time will tell, I guess. I don’t doubt that ASOBO sincerely wants this sim to meet those needs. I now have to see proof (successful patches) that they are up to the task.

Can I remind y’all that while it might be fun to use Capitals and bold it is actually in breach of the CoC https://forums.flightsimulator.com/faq#heading--punctuation.

This is a friendly reminder.

1 Like

It’s amazing that most of those top xplane requests are already fully implemented in fs2020. I really agree with the theme of this post and the good thing is that I think more people are starting to feel like this. I am seeing more and more posts encouraging positive, constructive feedback that will help development.

I would love to give constructive feedback if they would solve the grey bars of hell preventing me from flying just the C-152 & a single engine turboprop when I paid for more.

You have some work Austin.
Happy you solved fluttering last year.

Good to know – ( But they could not afford me :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: )

(OK-- they would not want me either … before someone else says that !!)

Hiring in what department ? QA / Testing and Aviation I hope

Seriously, from outside, as an OUTSIDER, it sure looks like they need a few more IN-House professionals with Aviation experience.

=======================================

Literally, they do not even seem to know what direction the wind is blowing !!!

As far as METARs are considered, the wind direction gives the direction from which the wind is coming. From METAR definitions:

Wind Direction.

The direction, in tens of degrees, from which the wind is blowing with reference to true north.

So, Wind 270 shows that the wind is coming from west.

The reporting in ATIS and tower is the same, only difference being that the reference is magnetic north, while it is true north for METAR.

So, if you are going to depict a Wind Rose, the Pointer points to where the wind is coming from, not as a non-aviation person might assume, the direction it is blowing. !! (like a wind sock)

Microsoft FSX made the same mistake in their RADAR Gauge … and now 17 year later Asobo is making the same mistake,

see Custom Weather setup GUI

1 Like

I think this may be the real problem, even though I believe they are sincere. The patches support your view (and mine) that they just don’t have the right people (or enough of them) working on this. This is quite a different task from developing a game, and it is the “flight specific” bugs that are the biggest issue, in my opinion.

ASOBO would “appear” to have a lot of people working (or having worked ) on MSFS,

Looks at the “Credits” in the sim. or view the raw file – easier to read

Onestore/fs-base/legals/Credits.md (View in say Notepad)

Also, masses of “Testers” , subcontracted from “EXPERIS” ?

MASSES of Graphic Artists !!!

One of many “interesting point to note”

Credits to those that own planes … 7 … over 50% of which own Piper Cub J3 s

Buts it’s a Massive List, but as you say, it does seem to have some Gaping holes.

Maybe these are some Aeronautical Professionals in that mix, ?
## Flight Model Director ( does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling)

1 Like

My knowledge of programming and creating a team of professionals to complete a project like FS2020 is extremely limited and I may be wrong- I certainly hope so.

Haha I think you’ve nailed it. Give me the looks of MSFS and the physics of X Plane. Both suffer from performance but I’ve had better luck with MsFS for FPS.

What most are failing to see is that this is not Asobo’s fault. Direct your blame at Microsoft. This is typical of them and it happened with Forza Motorsport 7 as well. The game wasn’t ready yet but Microsoft shoves the game out the door anyways to help their bottom line. If you want to point fingers, do so at Microsoft.

2 Likes

This is true in almost any case where the producer is not the development studio itself.

At some point, the producer deems the project good enough to release in a certain amount of months (often this meets a projected schedule set years out).

For MSFS, this gets complicated. I hope you are sitting down. They had a Holiday season to try and catch, 3rd party and hardware developers to please, and a flagship title to release on their new console. And this sim itself is just huge.

If they delayed, they would have missed a whole lot of big business moments for everyone down the sim aftermarket food chain and for their own new console which sorely needs AAA first party releases.

Asobo knew a LONG time ago that their sim would be a living piece of software much like a MMO, and bug patching and balance will be an ongoing process. And until the general public gets their hands on it, the studio can only guess which bugs to prioritize. The general public always finds a few new bugs to dwell on that the studio never really expected to be a big issue.

The software was finished enough for release, with a few ridiculous bugs and many, many small ones.

Now, they are being patched and new content is being added.

That’s the world of sims.

1 Like

My sense is their profit is in already, so unless they’re working on some longer term subscription revenue model (or content), what’s the incentive to polish? I’m not sure the revenue cut from the marketplace will be enough.

1 Like

I think the ones making the BIG money are the hardware manufacturers & distributors.

MSFS $60
New Video card $1399

1 Like

As a contractor, Asobo woild be expected to ask ‘how high?’ when MS told them to jump. I suspect that MS tells them how and when to jump, also. Missing the holiday buy season for what amounts to a techie toy, makes MS reach out their greedy little hands, regardless of the quality gap that slower software development by Asobo has allowed. Dollars win in today’s business mindset, and the payer wins over the payee in prioritizing what constitutes “GOOD ENOUGH TO SELL”.

1 Like