The new Community Event Calendar is Sparse, why?

Is there still an issue with the new Community Event Calendar? I see many new event posts in the Topic list that are not populated to the Event Calendar. The usefulness of the previous calendar was that events were in a single location. The user did not need to scroll and scroll to find an interesting event and then figure out if the date and time worked for them.
How does an event creator have their event post to the new Calendar?
Thanks

1 Like

Take a look here: [READ FIRST] How to Create a New Event

I did read that, but I do not see where it specifically explains how to add the event to the calendar, not simply creating a new event. At least two others have posted that they are also perplexed with that functionality.

This is the only comment I found about adding to the calendar but that appears to be for a users personal calendar, not the master calendar. “add it to their personal calendar with the three ellipsis in the corner”

1 Like

When you create an event it is automatically added to the calendar. :slight_smile:

I’m not so sure that it is working. I’m working with my Discord owner that posted the following event. It created in the Topic section but did not populate the calendar. I also saw that Cessna Sunday is experiencing the same issue. Also take note of the plethora of new events in the Topic section that are not on the calendar. I’m wondering why they are missing too.

[VFHUB] Grand Mesa Flyby [PC/XBOX/DISCORD] - Microsoft Flight Simulator / Community Events - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

This is because the event didn’t register correctly.

It needs to show something like this:

Have them try to re-do making the event by editing their topic :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll pass that along.

1 Like

I tried this but it did not seem to work. has it got anything to do with the ‘‘Trust level 0’’? for some reason the code only appears in text format at the bottom whenever I add the widget from the top right corner (setting button)

I gave it go for him and had success. Thanks for pointing out the bad data in the other post.

1 Like

You need to be TL1 to create a topic :slight_smile: so this should t affect it. And it only works in Community Events

I asked though if it has anything to do with trust levels so maybe I can get you an answer!

Can a user check their trust level?
How do they level up?

See: Trust Levels and How To Advance

You can check your TL by going to your profile and looking under “Trust Level”

You are currently at TL2 (active member)

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Hi FYI, Just to make you aware, from when you load https://www.flightsimulator.com/ when you go to see community events calender it’s now a dead link as it’s not been updated. links to this https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/community/community-fly-in-events/143/l/calendar

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.