New Nvidia Studio Drivers (not Game-Ready) have dropped! 517.40

Please, someone correct me if I’m wrong, but, the people that were in the beta testing didn’t have the new driver. So how were they getting such good results? Why are we waiting for a driver that they didn’t have either? Thanks guys…

The title of this thread is a clickbait.

3 Likes

If you are talking about DX12, we had good results with SU10Beta (1.27.16), but in 1.2.17 a bug was found in the memory manager and the feature was disabled in 1.2.18.

We are currently waiting for a new driver because Asobo has stated that using the bug-fixed driver in conjunction with MSFS/DX12 will restore the lost functionality.
Also, DX11 does not have these issues.

This is only for nVidia (20/30 series) GPUs, for AMDGPUs all elements are already enabled.

I do, but after reading this thread, am now aware of the SD fix with MSFS

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I understand the memory manager fix. But, is that all the new driver will address?

The DX12 memory manager has a texture corruption problem, and the driver is only intended to address that.

The driver does nothing about the other features.

However, as far as I have investigated, there is a change in resolution during DLSS compared to Beta when I knew about it.

This leads me to believe that at least some work has been done to the DLSS compared to 1.27.16, but I don’t know if this is due to the driver change.
From what I can see now, the version of nvngx_dlss.dll (confusing, I know), the dll for MSFS DLSS, has not changed from 2.4.12, so it may just be a configuration change.

3 Likes

Thank you KanadeNyan.

1 Like

I would be careful for those who installed studio driver when they did not previously and using gameready with gaming experience, you are mixing 2 different install setup, could lead to not proper install and you could get regression on performance or issue, you need to be sure all files related is removed from one or others, the uninstall sometime is not enough, it leave files on the system and you get ghost issue without you know. The best things is not to install Studio driver but waiting the Gameready driver as usual to avoid headcache.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with this, of course.
I am traditionally a studio driver due to my use of production applications and only for personal performance verification of MSFS.
In general, I think it is appropriate to wait for automatic updates by GeforceExperience.

Does this mean it for the game ready driver or studio? It doesn’t really say?

Right now the new driver is only available in the Studio driver, but I believe the GameReady driver will be available soon.

However, we may not have control over the release schedule of device drivers, since it is nVidia’s matter, not Asobo’s.

1 Like

Just wondering though does the studio driver activate the new dx12 memory allocator or not? It’s a bit vague…

1 Like

Yes, we have to wait for a statement from Asobo on that issue.
I do not feel comfortable to just guess.

Be nice to have some info on this.

2 Likes

Changed from old GRD to the new SD and SU10 DX12 is much smoother. There is an optimization.

Impressive job Asobo

2 Likes

It seems strange that the studio driver has been updated before the game ready driver since the nvidia description of those says

If you are a gamer who prioritizes day of launch support for the latest games, patches, and DLCs, choose Game Ready Drivers.

If you are a content creator who prioritizes stability and quality for creative workflows including video editing, animation, photography, graphic design, and livestreaming, choose Studio Drivers.

I guess I may switch to the studio driver if the game ready doesn’t drop soon.

SU10 works fine with the current game-ready driver ( 516.94 )… so, dont panic :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, I know. I agree.
Usually studio drivers are one or two versions behind the game-ready drivers, maybe two weeks in duration.
It seems odd to me that only the game-related stuff gets fixed first.
Maybe it is related to the nVidia GTC event. Just a guess.

Yes it does;-

The memory management driver feature is enabled by the sim if you are in the new driver, in SU10.

Again, just to be 100% clear on this:

• If you are not on the new driver, the sim will not attempt to engage the driver memory management feature

• If you are on the new driver, memory management will be enabled by the sim

That was taken from Matt Nischan.

3 Likes

After reading this thread and the usual amount of rampant speculation I still lack one critical piece of information:

Can you confirm that the floating trees and artifacts are now gone in DX12 with the new studio driver?